Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
Smarag
Smarag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G D01200
Screen stuck after 0% akku, debricking with kubrick impossible, charging doesn't help

So I decided to let my Kindle discharge (because I thought doing that once in a while is a good idea), but when it started to shut off instead of shutting off it kinda started to change to a black screen, but halfway stopped so now it is stuck on the last page I read mixed with this "fading to black" that started:

Spoiler:

I tried debricking with kubrick, but that doesn't work because the screen doesn't change so I can't make the necessary manual input, but it seems that I still can enter usb download mode? At least kubrick recognized my device as having entered the usb download mode.

Any idea what to do? Charging doesn't help, hard reset doesn't work. My device was jailbroken when this happened.

Last edited by Smarag; 04-23-2013 at 02:44 PM.
Smarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
That looks very much like a (physically) broken screen, rather than anything else.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM   #3
Smarag
Smarag began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G D01200
Thank you for your quick reply. I considered it might be a broken substratum after googling and finding people who got their screen stuck in a similar way by sitting on it.
The thing is though that I was holding my Kindle in my hand as it happened. The power became low and the screen became stuck as I was looking at it. I wasn't applying any pressure or anything to it. Very strange. I guess I will try calling Amazon Support tomorrow to get a replacement.

Is it possible for me to somehow put a stock firmware onto my Kindle if I can still access it in USB Download Mode to remove all traces of the jailbreak?
Smarag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:40 AM   #4
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
But If u return it, I would delete any evidence of it being jail broken if u can on the memory. Though it seems a screen fault, if it has not fallen, some tea or something may have dripped onto screen around edge. Or possibly some electrical charge may have damaged screen?
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:52 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
... I wouldn't worry about the jailbreak. The device seems to suffer from a hardware fault, which has nothing to do with the jailbreak. And Amazon couldn't care less about whether or not you decided to modify the installed software.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:39 AM   #6
fredced
fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fredced ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Sorry to hear that.
fredced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A broken screen substrate is not covered by warranty - it's "user abuse", not a manufacturing fault. Amazon may replace it (they often do) but you certainly shouldn't assume that they will.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #8
peter12345
Connoisseur
peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peter12345 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2 * K3 with 3G, Sony PRS-T1
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A broken screen substrate is not covered by warranty - it's "user abuse", not a manufacturing fault. Amazon may replace it (they often do) but you certainly shouldn't assume that they will.
Amazon has the best service, also loyalty counts with them. In the same situation u will have many problems and phone calls and buts from the other big marketplaces?

I would not worry about the Jailbreak, as it is not like jail-breaking a PSP - it is simply to make the device warmer.
peter12345 is offline   Reply With Quote