Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-11-2007, 10:14 PM   #1
fekg
fekg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500, 505 & 700
Finally got me a Reader!! (non US resident)

So my mission is finally over and I got my hands on a reader!

Being from Edinburgh it seemed I was destined to never get one, after two trips to the US earlier in the year and dissapointment in a Borders store (downtown Seattle) displaying them, but not having any in stock (twice!!).

At this point I had considered the ebay option, but they were all overpriced and appeared somewhat dubious. Plus import tax etc. I had yet to find this forum then.

A buddy of mine in Florida agreed to order it for me from Sony Style (along with a leather slipcase and cradle). They took his credit card number and were to express ship it... About five days later he phones em to be told "it shipped yesterday"... The next day, still no reader, so he calls again. This time told "oh we don't have them in stock, it'll be a couple more days" !!!!!

After calming down, my buddy got his order cancelled - I suppose the lesson here is that Sony Style sucks rocks! So he picked me one up at a best buy or similar and I finally got my grubby paws on it last week!

Awesome, got it hooked up to the Connect software and got the "free" offer - grabbed a few books from that.

On the way to the airport, stopped at a Borders and picked up the cradle, case and a flexlight thingy. My luck was changing obviously!

Used it on the flight back over to the UK, to read Bad Luck and Trouble. GREAT device. love it.

I'm yet to explore it fully, and apologies for the inane drivel above, but just wanted to put to rest my saga and present my experience (i reckon I'm just unlucky) for other non- US residents after a Reader. Thanks to this forum for the help and advice.

I just need to figure how to redeem the Card vouchers now...
fekg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I did order mine from Sony Style. And I get to pay it off a little at a time per month till the end of the year. Mine came in about a week.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2007, 04:45 AM   #3
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
and then you find out that at bhphoto they're selling it only for 290 dollar

but hey, at least you got your hand on the reader too What are the vouchers you're talking about btw?
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 05:46 AM   #4
halljames
Zealot
halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.halljames has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Apple iPad
Welcome to the club, I bought from bhphoto as well.
halljames is offline   Reply With Quote