Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 PM   #31
LaLa4363
Enthusiast
LaLa4363 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen,iPod touch,iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Well at least we know there is one Walmart that has a knowlegable electronics saleman.
Tell your son , thanks
My son says you are welcome and that he wishes there were more appreciative customers like you. He works in an area where the majority of customers are financially well-off and assume its okay to be rude to others.
LaLa4363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #32
LaLa4363
Enthusiast
LaLa4363 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Gen,iPod touch,iPad, iPhone 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
A friend of mine went to buy a Nook from Walmart and they told her that she had to buy a data plan from Verizon in order to use it! Luckily, she came to me before purchasing.

Ellen
LaLa4363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #33
jswinden
Nameless Being

Unfortunately it is not just Walmart. Most of the major chain retailers that carry eReaders hire mostly intellectually challenged sales staff. Some of the sales staff comments I've heard at Best Buy would make your skin crawl!

Then again, if the sales staff were bright, college graduates they probably wouldn't be working as sales staff for a cheap retailer.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #34
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Then again, if the sales staff were bright, college graduates they probably wouldn't be working as sales staff for a cheap retailer.
Now, now...some could be degreed with employment challenges in the present economy.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #35
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Unfortunately it is not just Walmart. Most of the major chain retailers that carry eReaders hire mostly intellectually challenged sales staff. Some of the sales staff comments I've heard at Best Buy would make your skin crawl!

the Best Buy near me has the worst employees as well, they are clueless on many home theater issues, let alone ebook readers.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote