Notices

Old 11-08-2007, 02:46 PM   #46
Pickle
Enthusiast
Pickle began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
But that's not the fault of Cybook. Rather it's the fault of the library for adding complexity to the already-to-be-despised DRM!!!!

Derek
I can't argue with that other than to say I think the fault is more with the publisher's for requiring it.
Pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:28 PM   #47
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
But that's not the fault of Cybook. Rather it's the fault of the library for adding complexity to the already-to-be-despised DRM!!!!

Derek
I like to look at it as the library keeping up with the times and using taxpayer dollars wisely. Allowing checkout of eBooks is a great feature IMHO and allowing them to just expire without requiring me to take them back is great. The publisher is happy since the quantity of purchased books is accurately maintained. I wish this feature was more prevalent so I could loan a book to someone.

DRM is to be despised when it gets in the way but that is not always the case. Usually it is just poor implementation.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:40 AM   #48
KatrinaCardway
eBookStore *****istrator
KatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litterKatrinaCardway doesn't litter

Device: Several - Mostly Use Pocket PC - HP6315
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia View Post
hi,
just received my cybook.
downloaded the mobipocket software.
it recognised the cybook. but trying to send several books from different bookstores i need a pid. can't find it anywhere.

can someone help me out here.
thanks.
Open any Mobipocket demo book; push the 2nd button on the left; scroll down the table to the Advanced tab; then scroll down to the About tab. Voilà (had to get at least one French word in here)!
KatrinaCardway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 12:51 PM   #49
tcmoon
Connoisseur
tcmoon is on a distinguished road

Device: slate pc
Dear Customer,

We are testing & stabilizing a small update utility to fix this issue.

It will be available next Monday or Tuesday.

We will of course keep you informed.

With our best regards,

Bookeen Support Team
tcmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 01:29 AM   #50
julia
Connoisseur
julia began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505, kindle2, nook glow
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrinaCardway View Post
Open any Mobipocket demo book; push the 2nd button on the left; scroll down the table to the Advanced tab; then scroll down to the About tab. Voilà (had to get at least one French word in here)!
found it after trying all the buttons before the manual was posted here. thanks anyway. merci!
julia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:31 AM   #51
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmoon View Post
Dear Customer,

We are testing & stabilizing a small update utility to fix this issue.

It will be available next Monday or Tuesday.

We will of course keep you informed.

With our best regards,

Bookeen Support Team
Is there any news on this one? I mailed Bookeen about it but never got a response from them. (Yes I checked my spamfilter ) I guess I was number 100 and they are busy fixing things.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote