Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-18-2018, 04:13 AM   #1
Maui
Connoisseur
Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2
Sigil is starting with two instances on Mac OS

Hi,

i'm not pretty sure if this is a Sigil issue or not, but as i have this only with Sigil i would lkike to start here.

I told my MacBook to connect epub Files not with iBooks but with Sigil. I did this with some other applications as well without an problems (jpg and raw => affinity, mp3 => clementine).

But what now happens (not a big issue)

Double clicking on an epub files starts Sigil twice: One instance contains the selected epub, the other is showing just the initial epub (as when you start the app itself).

Did someone else countered such a behaviour? I mean its not a big deal to close the second instance as this is always in front, but i successfully did that for all other applications i have without any issue at all.

Best Regards
Maui
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:30 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
There are not two instances of Sigil running on Mac. Sigil on Mac uses a multiwindow paradigm much like Office. So only one instance of Sigil is running but with two Windows open. On Windows and Linux it uses a single window paradigm and so each window is mapped to its own instance of Sigil.

As there must be a Window for Sigil's GUI to function at all on Windows and Linux, on a Mac we always open the default empty window.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert