Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 11-11-2017, 08:37 AM   #1
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD, PocketBook Era
ADE 4.5.6 hyphenation

just installed this on Windows, I can see hyphenation dictionaries in its program folder, but it does not hyphenate. Where in the World is an Options menu? I can only change the font size. Sure I'm old and half-blind...

Tested with english epub books. Wanted to test a hyphenation pattern file that is crashing my dedicated reader.
eMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:22 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
if the ePub that's crashing your Reader is not copyritten, please attach it so we can take a look and maybe see what's going on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 05:06 AM   #3
eMole
Zealot
eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eMole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reader: PocketBook Touch HD, stock reader app. Don't care about CoolReader.
Language: hungarian (the World's most convoluted language). Hyphenation is not supported in this language officially, but can be added by copying the corresponding OpenOffice dic file to its designated folder.
And it works most of the time, but some books just crash at various points (at least it's constant).
I wanted to try an offending chapter in ADE, since PB's reader seems ADE-based (no small-caps), but the thing just does not hyphenate in ANY language, or I don't know how to enable hyphenation.

I do have a case book, it is available online in digitized form, but I'm no lawyer. The issue itself does not worth the hassle.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:21 AM   #4
eMole
Zealot

Oh, I got it now! I have to enable hyphenation in the CSS to work with ADE for Windows.