Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #1
perpex
perpex began at the beginning.

Device: none
for Icarus Illumina XL HD owners

Hi all.
Just a simple question about the Illumina XL HD i'd like to purchase.
I heard about charging problems, in particular someone says that a third party USB wall charger won't work.
what kind of wall charger do you use? Have i to buy the original Icarus wall charger for a specific power output?
Thanks in advance for your support.
perpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by perpex View Post
I heard about charging problems, in particular someone says that a third party USB wall charger won't work.
what kind of wall charger do you use?
I have had no problems using three different generic connectors, of 1 or 2.1 ampere.

Last edited by mdp; 10-25-2017 at 01:50 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
nrseife
nrseife began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus illumina e654bk
If I remember correctly it did not even come with a charger (just USB cable)...so all should work. And no, I did not have any issues.
nrseife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:46 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Charging has not been an issue. I use whatever charger is open at the time. Same as with any other device.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 10:35 AM   #5
PhilipY
PhilipY began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Icarus Illumina XL HD
Charging: I concur with responses above. The package comes with a USB cable and no charger. I have had no problem with using the varius chargers I've tried.

I am a bit disappointed in the battery life. I have not run it down to zero, but a week of moderate use takes it to 50%. That's not a big problem; I can re-charge, but I had expected better.
PhilipY is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilipY View Post
I am a bit disappointed in the battery life. I have not run it down to zero, but a week of moderate use takes it to 50%. That's not a big problem; I can re-charge, but I had expected better.
That's very probably an effect of the more powerful processor (more powerful than standard EPD snail). Having more power also somehow means drinking more power. Tradeoff. I am glad to have the power instead of the sunken nail.

Au contraire, I see that it sleeps too much, even in applications where you need it snappy or awake.
They should have put options to choose between those behaviours (screen update caching, CPU automated sleep timeout).
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #7
nrseife
nrseife began at the beginning.

Device: Icarus illumina e654bk
My hope is that one day either Icarus will enable that (low probability though, I guess) or via rooting we will be able to change those defaults.
nrseife is offline   Reply With Quote