Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #1186
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
The beans or the BBQ?

As far as beans are concerned, you'd need to look for a cookbook for goober peas (peanuts)--they're kind of like a bean (I think that they're actually not a nut, either, but I've forgotten now what category they supposedly fit into) and they grow all over south Georgia, as I'm sure that you know.

As far as BBQ is concerned . . . . I don't think that anyone in Georgia can make good BBQ. I've tried joints all up and down I-75, and I haven't found a good one yet. Maybe you could find some good BBQ if you're in Georgia, but close to South Carolina or north Alabama . . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Well now, the thing is you can't get good BBQ on the frontage road of the Interstate. You actually have to turn left or right and go into the actual towns.
You need to get out away from the interstates to find good BBQ. We have Big Nicks in town here. They are more a Southern cooking restaurant than a BBQ place. But, their smoked spare ribs and beef brisket are some of the best I have ever eaten. Their brisket would give the best places in Texas a run for their money. And yes I have lived in Texas and my wife is from there. The good places are independent not chains an d you usually do not find them along the Interstates.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:46 PM   #1187
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
You need to get out away from the interstates to find good BBQ. We have Big Nicks in town here. They are more a Southern cooking restaurant than a BBQ place. But, their smoked spare ribs and beef brisket are some of the best I have ever eaten. Their brisket would give the best places in Texas a run for their money. And yes I have lived in Texas and my wife is from there. The good places are independent not chains an d you usually do not find them along the Interstates.
Apache
Thanks. Great to know. I'll look 'em up.

My last trip up or down I-75 was in my pre-smartphone days (well, it actually still is. But I won't get into that.). Now I theoretically can check Yelp, Urban Spoon, etc., etc., although not all of the ratings and reviews will be honest, or will there be enough of them to get a valid sample size.

I love Southern, too. If it looks really good, I might have to get BBQ on the return trip . . . .

Big Nicks, eh?
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #1188
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
The Ice Cream Diet - 99 cents
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XF6QWWY

(If this diet worked, I think the book would cost 99 dollars, not 99 cents!)
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #1189
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
The Ice Cream Diet - 99 cents
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XF6QWWY

(If this diet worked, I think the book would cost 99 dollars, not 99 cents!)
It can work quite well. All you have to have is undiagnosed type II diabetes. Eat as much ice cream as you want and still lose weight!
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:26 PM   #1190
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
It can work quite well. All you have to have is undiagnosed type II diabetes. Eat as much ice cream as you want and still lose weight!
That was cruel and morbid!

I loved it. ha
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 05:35 PM   #1191
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I'm afraid that our friend GA Russell did not make full disclosure. The complete title of the book is SIN Diet: A.K.A. The Ice Cream Diet.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:41 PM   #1192
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
I'm afraid that our friend GA Russell did not make full disclosure. The complete title of the book is SIN Diet: A.K.A. The Ice Cream Diet.
Ice cream is not sinful.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #1193
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Ice cream is not sinful.
Some say certain ice cream flavors are divine (tipping my cone at you, Heavenly Hash)!
https://www.google.com/search?client...iw=640&bih=336

Last edited by Froide; 06-14-2017 at 01:51 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 05:34 PM   #1194
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Instant Pot For Vegan Legends - free
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-C...dp/B071G36SJ6/

(I have "purchased" so many free cookbooks for the Instant Pot pressure cooker that Amazon is now suggesting that I might be interested in a book called How to Grow Marijuana.)
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #1195
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Instant Pot For Vegan Legends - free
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-C...dp/B071G36SJ6/
Typical poor editing and English as second language (or very uneducated) indie publication that many free cookbooks suffer from. In addition, author doesn't understand what VEGAN means (kind of a problem, with the title of the book). Had he labeled it vegetarian, the recipes full of eggs, honey, butter and cheese would not be so misplaced.

This isn't the only instant-pot cookbook with this sort of problem. I was reading thru one last night and managed to get thru a few pages before just deleting it. There was more up-front content (but same issues of not quite English sentences), but same confusion as to their audience (paleo, yet recipes full of sugars) and the very first recipe required use of the instant pot, then moving the pot to the oven, then removing the contents (whole), cutting them into pieces, then cooking on a waffle iron. All to result in a frittata "waffle". Pretty involved and a kitchen full of dirty appliances before you were done. As to whether or not the recipes would even work - your guess is as good as mine. Oh, and an affiliate link included before the content, promising you secret info on bestsellers (a violation of the affiliate agreement at Amazon, plus a blatant lie, since it linked to the bestseller lists at Amazon that anyone can view, no link from the book required).

Quote:
(I have "purchased" so many free cookbooks for the Instant Pot pressure cooker that Amazon is now suggesting that I might be interested in a book called How to Grow Marijuana.)
So, are you saying that people are processing pot in their instant pot? Or that Amazon needs to work on their language processor a bit?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #1196
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Typical poor editing and English as second language (or very uneducated) indie publication that many free cookbooks suffer from. In addition, author doesn't understand what VEGAN means (kind of a problem, with the title of the book). Had he labeled it vegetarian, the recipes full of eggs, honey, butter and cheese would not be so misplaced.

This isn't the only instant-pot cookbook with this sort of problem. I was reading thru one last night and managed to get thru a few pages before just deleting it. There was more up-front content (but same issues of not quite English sentences), but same confusion as to their audience (paleo, yet recipes full of sugars) and the very first recipe required use of the instant pot, then moving the pot to the oven, then removing the contents (whole), cutting them into pieces, then cooking on a waffle iron. All to result in a frittata "waffle". Pretty involved and a kitchen full of dirty appliances before you were done. As to whether or not the recipes would even work - your guess is as good as mine. Oh, and an affiliate link included before the content, promising you secret info on bestsellers (a violation of the affiliate agreement at Amazon, plus a blatant lie, since it linked to the bestseller lists at Amazon that anyone can view, no link from the book required).

So, are you saying that people are processing pot in their instant pot? Or that Amazon needs to work on their language processor a bit?
It could be a case of bait-and-switch. People buy the book thinking that it's about cooking marijuana, only to find out when they get home with it that, for example, real brownies are the only brownies that you can cook using the cooker. ha

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 06-14-2017 at 05:36 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:38 PM   #1197
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

If the first sentence is congratulations for downloading this book, I delete then.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:14 PM   #1198
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I'm Just Here for the Food: Version 2.0: The Director's Cut. By Alton Brown.

91% off--digital list $32.5; now $2.99.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Q3RTUG.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:45 PM   #1199
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Not an ebook but a hardback. I picked up authentic Mexican by Rick Bayless. All I can say from looking at his idea of making corn tortillas is whoever taught him was having fun.
Old 06-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #1200
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Not an ebook but a hardback. I picked up authentic Mexican by Rick Bayless. All I can say from looking at his idea of making corn tortillas is whoever taught him was having fun.
[She is not speaking of my message, immediately preceding hers, #1198. G]