Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2022, 07:06 AM   #1516
mkelley
Enthusiast
mkelley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle and iPad
I am doing fine, as I noted in my edited reply above - I was able to download books in AZW since I have a couple of Paperwhites so that issue is no longer a problem, and I now have the latest version of Calibre and things are working great (well - I still have issues with my Paperwhites just getting stuff on them, but that's a whole other discussion).
mkelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:23 PM   #1517
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Hope this is a simple question..... when I'm installing my old Kindle, is it best to disconnect from the internet as I set it up to not update. Run the bat file then reconnect to the internet?
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2022, 05:05 AM   #1518
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
You'll need to be connected to log in. Just run the update prevention bat file right after that.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 04:24 PM   #1519
Lief
Enthusiast
Lief began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Still no workaround for later version... That's not really good. I don't see a great future for ebook drm removal if there is no way to remove KFX without using really old version of kindle for pc that amazon can control (they can stop download on old kindle app any time they want, even other workaround like old kindle device and download from the website are not impossible to stop). The good thing is there is still adobe drm that is crackable... but for amazon I will make a backup of every ebook I got. Sure there is always a way to remove the drm (after all ebooks are static so even if a manual copy or screenshots/photo are not really fast there is no way to stop them) but right now it's really easy and fast.

I think we should try to ask for more drm-free ebooks, that's the only way to actually protect from this kind of issues.
Lief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 02:01 AM   #1520
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief View Post
but for amazon I will make a backup of every ebook I got.
There's no point in storing a book that has DRM, so I always do this.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2022, 07:37 AM   #1521
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lief View Post
(they can stop download on old kindle app any time they want, even other workaround like old kindle device and download from the website are not impossible to stop).
Indeed. This is already the case for the books which are only available in the newest KFX format. Thankfully these are relatively rare.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:25 AM   #1522
Telwin
Telwin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

Very new here, apologies if I make a mistake. I've just been trying to follow several guides to do this. I've downloaded KindleforPC from Amazon only to find it is version 1.35.0, which seems to be completely wrong for this, or can this method now handle that version?
I've searched for the 1.17.0 version of KindleforPC and found one from softradar.com, I've followed the guide for the SHA-256 hash and it seems to match, does this mean that it is safe to install? I really do not want to install malware.
I've tried to search this thread for mentions of both softradar and 1.35.0, but have come up empty, I would really appreciate any guidance with this.
Thank you so much!
Telwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 09:08 AM   #1523
lkmiller
Laura

If the hash matches, it's the correct file.
Old 07-07-2022, 08:10 PM   #1524
Telwin
Telwin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
If the hash matches, it's the correct file.
Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it.
Telwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:22 AM   #1525
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Since Calibre6, do I need to build dedrm for myself? It looks like it?
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:41 AM   #1526
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex View Post
Since Calibre6, do I need to build dedrm for myself? It looks like it?
Of course not, why do you think that?
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:57 AM   #1527
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Once the second or third release of Calibre 6 comes out, I do plan on using the latest code for DeDRM and hope it works.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:07 AM   #1528
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Probably because of this: DeDRM Compatible with Calibre 6 #54
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 11:30 AM   #1529
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Probably because of this: DeDRM Compatible with Calibre 6 #54
That's odd. My 10.0.2 version seems to work just fine.
I've re-downloaded a book, then also a new one just to be sure. Both were added just fine, no DRM. Those were AZW3 books.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 12:12 PM   #1530
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
That's odd. My 10.0.2 version seems to work just fine.
I've re-downloaded a book, then also a new one just to be sure. Both were added just fine, no DRM. Those were AZW3 books.
I still use 7.0 with the beta and it works.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
k4pc, kindle for pc