Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-10-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
suemo
suemo began at the beginning.

Device: samsung tab s2
Smile Dictionaries in Kindle on Android device

I am reading Spanish books in Kindle app. version 8.15.0.68 on an Android tablet running version 7.0.
I have bought a Collins Spanish-English dictionary which works fine on my Kindle device, but when I downloaded it from my library onto the tablet it was classified as a book and not a dictionary.
I have looked for instructions to set it as the Spanish dictionary, but they refer to the Languages and Dictionaries option in Settings. I don't have the option - only Language Learning then Word wise.

Please can anyone help me set up my dictionary so that my Spanish books use it.
suemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by suemo View Post
Please can anyone help me set up my dictionary so that my Spanish books use it.
IIRC, Calibre doesn't fully support dictionaries. You'll have to download the dictionary that you bought with your Kindle for Android app.
If your Kindle for Android app is registered to another Amazon account, you'll have to de-DRM the dictionary that you bought, rename it so that matches the file name of the free monolingual Spanish dictionary and replace the monolingual Spanish dictionary with it. For details see this blog post. (The ASIN of the monolingual Spanish dictionary is B005F12G7O.)
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
android 7.0, dictionary, kindle 8.15