Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 05-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #61
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505/LC
A Farmer, A Barn, Some Animals

There was a farmer whose barn
got smashed down by some hail,
so he built a brand new barn
and he built it very well.

His name was ManWhoTakesCareOfAnimals
'cause that is what he did
and the animals all loved him
and did everything he said.

The animals were so happy!
The went outside to play.
They took a very red ball
and played with it all day.

They put it in their mouths
and spit it out real fast.
That's how animals play catch
since they don't got any hands.

(From my Shel Silverstein phase.)
Taylor514ce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 07:37 PM   #62
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
aw, i like that one.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #63
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.
Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Taylor514ce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. For awhile there, my kids were my collaborators, willing or unwilling. The "that's how animals play catch" was snatched out of a conversation between my boys when they were little.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM   #64
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

As long as I'm on a roll, let's give a nod to this thread, and let's also keep it vaguely French, by using the form Rondeau Prime

Ths pg is 2 dmn small, my wrting gets all sqshd
How cn I write half the wrds
I wnt to write, it's absrd
But if I hd what I wshd
This pg'd be as big as T H I S
Jst to me has ths occrd?
Ths pg is 2 dmn small!

Jst imagn wht u hav missed,
all the things u havnt heard,
the suble thghts I've infrred
You'll nver see, cuz (I'm pssd)
This pg is 2 dmn small!
Old 05-05-2008, 10:20 AM   #65
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
As long as I'm on a roll, let's give a nod to this thread, and let's also keep it vaguely French, by using the form Rondeau Prime

Ths pg is 2 dmn small, my wrting gets all sqshd
How cn I write half the wrds
I wnt to write, it's absrd
But if I hd what I wshd
This pg'd be as big as T H I S
Jst to me has ths occrd?
Ths pg is 2 dmn small!

Jst imagn wht u hav missed,
all the things u havnt heard,
the suble thghts I've infrred
You'll nver see, cuz (I'm pssd)
This pg is 2 dmn small!
Been doing a lot of text messaging lately?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #66
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Traveling through a fabled land,
seeking the answer to karma
I heard stories of a holy man
who knew all the laws of dharma.

He lived atop a secret mountain,
the trail was hidden from sight,
beside a glittering fountain,
chanting mantras through the night.

I followed dreams and avatars
until at last I found the way.
He listened to me strum my guitar
as I wondered what he would say.

He opened his mouth to speak,
perched on that mountain crown,
and said in a voice tired and weak,
"Thank God. Could you show me how to get down?"

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-07-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Old 05-06-2008, 03:09 PM   #67
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Been doing a lot of text messaging lately?

Dale
My thoughts exactly! I love the "Cell Phone Rondeau"
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #68
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

Fireflies

I had to use code tags to preserve formatting.

Code:
 *polo!   *polo*
    f   i r*  f   e
       *marco!*     l*    s
  *polo*
Subliminal Explanation:

This one may take some explanation. It was the opening verse in collaborative poem, called a "renga". If you look closely you'll see some fireflies, on a summer night, with kids outdoors playing Marco Polo. Or maybe that's what the fireflies are doing? You decide.

Last edited by Taylor514ce; 05-07-2008 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #69
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Reminds me of a.a.milne -- i think -- the person who used a lot of spacing in poetry.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #70
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
... And just see if I don't!

(I spared you the rest of the translation from the original Vogon.)
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:24 PM   #71
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
My squirrel-fu

Carefully I open the door
The tail twitches
My finger itches
A scamper, scurry, and shot
The squirrel he is no more

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:51 PM   #72
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

driving to work
I swerve to miss the
twice-squished squirrel
Old 05-12-2008, 03:38 PM   #73
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

I wish I had a squirrel, I do.
They're so much fun to chase.
But if I ever catch one
Mama's sure to wash my face.

Charley the shih tzu
Old 05-12-2008, 06:27 PM   #74
Taylor514ce
Actively passive.

The "car" thread reminded me of a quick jot I made once, intending to turn it into poem. It never worked out, and I no longer drive the supporting character, so... I'll stash it here.

Self-Portrait

Cruising through downtown in a '67 Chevy pickup, finger-snapping each stoplight green, bellowing "Sweet Baby James" out the won't-stay-rolled up window, while the burned-out dash bulbs, like polished hematite, rattle out the hole in the floorboard; dressed in denim and stubble, my head turning to follow brunettes in heels, those pretty office girls clickety-clacking their way through pigeons and the leers of fellow aficionados, I park in brick-paved alleyways with the engine idling to hoof it into bookstores, asking after periodicals to be told "no", leaving with smiles and backfire.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:08 PM   #75
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
'Manage Attachments'
--Would it were so simple
Away from the screen.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
poetry, squirrelku