Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #1
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Greyhound (movie adaptation of The Good Shephard Shepherd by CS Forester)

Greyhound is the 2020 movie adaptation of The Good Shepherd by CS Forester) It entails the perilous voyage across the North Atlantic as America tries to aid Britain in WWII. Wolf Packs (German U Boats under every wave) formed a most difficult gauntlet. This is a great movie from a fantastic book. I watched it Saturday Night.

4 light fighting vessels shepherding 37 convoy ships across a frozen hell sums up the story pretty well.

Another good book of similar type is the HMS Ulysses by Alistar MacLean.

I missed out being in the Navy because of wearing glasses. ---I read a lot when I was a little kid--- 4 or 5 years later I could have easily gotten in but I was on different path then. Still the Sea has always fascinated me.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 08:47 PM   #2
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
I enjoyed the movie as well. Hanks does an excellent job in it.

I don't think I've ever read the Good Shepard, though I did read HMS Ulysses many years ago.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote