Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-28-2021, 08:10 AM   #166
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
I have a number of books with MathML ...
I just checked, my reader doesn't do MathML either.
Here's some test EPUBs: https://idpf.github.io/epub3-samples/30/samples.html
"Linear Algebra" was the book I used to check for MathML.
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:32 AM   #167
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Yes, most readers don't. Kindles don't. Boox doesn't. Most of the Android apps like Moon Reader don't. KOreader added it recently. Kobo does though.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2021, 03:32 AM   #168
rantanplan
Guru
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite (2021), Boox Note Air 2+, Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Yes, most readers don't. Kindles don't. Boox doesn't. Most of the Android apps like Moon Reader don't. KOreader added it recently. Kobo does though.
Does Kobo do it with all formats or only their kebpubs?
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 03:57 AM   #169
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Does Kobo do it with all formats or only their kebpubs?
For epubs, Kobo supports whatever the Adobe RMSDK does. Kepubs use a different renderer, so it supports whatever that renderer supports.

And, I don't know about the MathML support. If I have a book with it, it is a test book someone gave me. And I remember looking to see if it works.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:41 AM   #170
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
For epubs, Kobo supports whatever the Adobe RMSDK does. Kepubs use a different renderer, so it supports whatever that renderer supports.
Slight correction here. ePubs render whatever RMSDK 10.x (equivalent to ADE 3..x) supports. RMSDK 11.x has better ePub 3 compatibility. But so far, Kobo refuses to update to the latest RMSDK.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2021, 05:42 AM   #171
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Slight correction here. ePubs render whatever RMSDK 10.x (equivalent to ADE 3..x) supports. RMSDK 11.x has better ePub 3 compatibility. But so far, Kobo refuses to update to the latest RMSDK.
Are you completely sure about that? I mean, "refuses" is an interesting word to choose. And I assume you have evidence to allow you to make that claim.

Of course, as we are in the Elipsa thread, I wonder what version of the RMSDK is in the Elipsa firmware.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 11:06 AM   #172
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Are you completely sure about that? I mean, "refuses" is an interesting word to choose. And I assume you have evidence to allow you to make that claim.

Of course, as we are in the Elipsa thread, I wonder what version of the RMSDK is in the Elipsa firmware.
Kobo has not updated RMSDK since 10.x that we know of. It could be that Kobo isn't updating RMSDK because then there might be no point to Access (KePub).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 01:39 PM   #173
kyôdai
Zealot
kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyôdai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Kobo has not updated RMSDK since 10.x that we know of. It could be that Kobo isn't updating RMSDK because then there might be no point to Access (KePub).
I don't know which version Kobo is using, but RMSDK 11 was released in September of 2014, so almost 7 years ago.

-> https://dev.datalogics.com/adobe-rea...dk-version-11/

To be fair though, as you can also see, the last update for RMSDK (11) was released shortly after in June 2015.

So the software has not been updated by Adobe in 6 years either and development seems to have ceased entirely.

Which might be another reason, why Kobo is focusing on their own platform instead.
kyôdai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 09:23 AM   #174
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I just purchased one. On sale $50 off. I don't need one but i bought one lol. Walmart.com for it will ship faster.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:54 PM   #175
ab78727
Connoisseur
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: reMarkable2 Sony-DPT-S1 iPad9g
I have been using one for a while and like it a lot - the notetaking has been a lifesaver esp. since the .nebo files it generates can be read/edited in the Nebo app on ios/android. Haven't been able to interact well with the 'Advanced Notebook' because of what seems to be responsiveness but maybe I'll figure it out one day. Also like the sync to Dropbox though I wish they supported other cloud offerings such as GDrive.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 03:34 PM   #176
Cyclops
Only need one eye to read
Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyclops ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch N905C, Sony PRS-300, Nintendo DSi XL,
That would be handy for reading sheet music!
Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote