Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-08-2021, 11:40 PM   #151
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
I want one! Great size to have it with me all the time and hopefully easy to hold. The warm light temperature is a huge plus.
Me too!!

enjoy K
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:08 AM   #152
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by treo View Post
Now with https://jkuester.github.io/unlauncher/ finally looks like "mini reader"

Tnx to u/Cavolatan at https://www.reddit.com/r/ereader/com...92ago/inkpalm/
Do you have any dictionary/wiki installed?
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 05:37 AM   #153
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hisense Hi Reader Pro, Boox Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
I'm using ColorDict on mine. Integrates well with Moonreader.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 10:29 PM   #154
nano5
Connoisseur
nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nano5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
then don't miss this one, Hisense Touch Eink reader/Music player

"The Hisense Touch features a 5.84 capacitive touchscreen E INK Carta HD display with a resolution of solution of 1440 x 720 with 287 PPI"

https://goodereader.com/blog/electro...-e-ink-display
nano5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #155
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
My Mini 5 arrived.

I ordered the mini 5, the case in green, two matte screen protectors and one tempered glass one from cect-shop.

1. Build seems good. Feels well put to together with a flush glass screen that's Glossy

2. The tempered screen protector I got is actually matte and that is great.

I put on the tempered since it is matte then followed the instructions in this guide: https://github.com/philips/inkpalm-5-adb-english to get it in English then rooted using: https://github.com/qwerty12/inkPalm-5-EPD105-root and used magisk to install microg and einklauncher from: https://github.com/qwerty12/E-Ink-Launcher . I also installed the nice freeze app from: https://android.izzysoft.de/repo/apk...ayhi.freezeyou as recommended.

Once you have the normal launcher you can get into a normal settings app to do things like change time zone and keyboards (I immediately ditched the sogou keyboard for gboard then removed the sogou one since I was not gonna put passwords into that thing), you will need to still use the moan app (launcher) to open its settings to change things like the lock screen wallpaper and code if you want. As well as the home button settings (logo button).

I've been using moon reader plus fine and will probably ditch microg at some point as I don't need it anymore and don't plan on updating any of the apps I put on it with the play store since microg did not let me get my paid for apps anyways. Had to get modded versions of those in the end and sideload them.

Things I wish we could get or add to the current rom:

1. better control of the logo (home) button so we could like triple press to get a real app manager that can close just some apps.

2. wish we could install the normal android nav bar so we could have that type of navigation. Thats beyond me though and I tried to enable the existing one like you normally would with ADB and I think the rom does not have the actual files in there.

3. if not get the stock nav bar then get a floating ball like app to work or something similar.

Here are some pics showing the protector, it next to a note 9 in an otterbox and also a size comparison with my Likebook Ares Note (7.8") showing the same book in moon reader plus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210720_124744.jpg
Views:	445
Size:	943.2 KB
ID:	188278   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210720_125641.jpg
Views:	487
Size:	709.2 KB
ID:	188279   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210720_125650.jpg
Views:	460
Size:	750.4 KB
ID:	188280   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210721_062752.jpg
Views:	440
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	188281   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210721_062837.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	1,007.6 KB
ID:	188282   Click image for larger version

Name:	0720211311.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	778.7 KB
ID:	188283   Click image for larger version

Name:	0720211311b.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	188284  
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 06:45 PM   #156
Shoeyhuang
Shoeyhuang began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Moon+ Reader issues

Hi, just gotten my inkpalm5 and installed moon+ throug the Aurora Store. I haven't been able to connect to dropbox or gdrive through moon+ but noticed nobody mentioning this in the thread so far. Is it just me?
Shoeyhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 10:17 PM   #157
Shoeyhuang
Shoeyhuang began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeyhuang View Post
Hi, just gotten my inkpalm5 and installed moon+ throug the Aurora Store. I haven't been able to connect to dropbox or gdrive through moon+ but noticed nobody mentioning this in the thread so far. Is it just me?
I was able to get it to work by installing dropbox from Aurora, logging in and then connecting using moon+.
Shoeyhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:02 PM   #158
rcodi
Hardware Pedant
rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: InkPalm 5, Kobo Glo HD
Very appreciative to those who came before me and shared their setups, seeing customization was possible influenced my purchase. Really love this little reader!

Running a minimal setup:
  • Set to English, rooted, installed F-Droid and other essentials using these github guides: 1 2
  • Unlauncher
  • Bookerly font
  • Librera for books
  • Tachiyomi for manga
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2021-08-31 17.54.58.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	189049   Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-08-31 17.54.39.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	189050  

Last edited by rcodi; 08-31-2021 at 07:08 PM.
rcodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 01:22 PM   #159
RobotDot
RobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: inkpalm, hisense touch, kobo
@rcodi
how is Tachiyomi on it? would think eyestrain reading manga on this screen size...and how did you change wallpaper ? may I get a Link for your wallpaper please

thank you
RobotDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2021, 04:02 PM   #160
rcodi
Hardware Pedant
rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rcodi actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: InkPalm 5, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDot View Post
@rcodi
how is Tachiyomi on it? would think eyestrain reading manga on this screen size...and how did you change wallpaper ? may I get a Link for your wallpaper please

thank you
It's on the smaller side but I find it alright for normal paged manga. Webtoon format is harder to read on it though, but still doable with the built in webtoon view.

Attached the wallpaper, I just found a Kanagawa Wave vector in black and white and cropped to the resolution. You can place it in the Wallpapers folder and then use the settings in the Moann launcher to set it. There's a tab at the top of the wallpaper selection area that lets you choose wallpapers from storage.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Kanagawa.png
Views:	208
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	189108  
rcodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 09:58 AM   #161
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Has anyone had any luck getting the Kindle app on this, perhaps through the Amazon app store?

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm an idiot.

Last edited by binaryhermit; 09-05-2021 at 10:03 AM.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 10:21 AM   #162
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Google Play store for Android.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #163
RobotDot
RobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and graceRobotDot herds cats with both ease and grace

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcodi View Post
It's on the smaller side but I find it alright for normal paged manga. Webtoon format is harder to read on it though, but still doable with the built in webtoon view.

Attached the wallpaper, I just found a Kanagawa Wave vector in black and white and cropped to the resolution. You can place it in the Wallpapers folder and then use the settings in the Moann launcher to set it. There's a tab at the top of the wallpaper selection area that lets you choose wallpapers from storage.
great, thank you and much appreciated
RobotDot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 10:27 AM   #164
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
This device look a bit like my still good kingrow k1 smartphone.
Would be cool if hisense (or onyx or xiaomi) started to do supported 5 inches smartphones, maybe with kaleido screens
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2021, 01:35 PM   #165
RobotDot

ink palm vs Hisense touch pic

some pics

Name:	IMG_1044.jpeg
Views:	333
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	189139

Name:	IMG_1043.jpeg
Views:	416
Size:	1.36 MB