Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-25-2018, 08:40 AM   #1
Partvish
Partvish began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 g090g1
Question Will there be a software jailbreak for pw3 5.9.7?

Probably a frequently spammed question, but is there any point waiting for a software jailbreak before I defile my precious pw with a screwdriver?

I mean don't get me wrong, I've been browsing the forum all day, I really appriciate the help you seem to give patiently to everyone, but as a novice I'd prefer to wait for a possible quicker softwareside approach, and distance myself from the serial jb for a while.

I have a 4gb wifi only pw3, (g090g1...) which has been used for almost a year now. It was updated a couple of times, so I'm not even sure if it was the original fw version but given it's also the latest one I assume it wasn't. I have special offers on the screesaver, and don't really have an options in my amazon account to switch it off manually, so I'm gonna have to call the support service supposedly. I've read through the 5_x_Jailbreak wiki page and the lately updated 5.x.y threads I found in the forum and concluded that I have the serial option only.

You can hit me with the "beating the dead horse emoji", but could you also tell me wheter will there be a secure non-serial approach for 5.9.7 pw3?
Partvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:10 AM   #2
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
No one knows.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2018, 11:19 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Partvish View Post
Probably a frequently spammed question, but is there any point waiting for a software jailbreak before I defile my precious pw with a screwdriver?
- - - - -
PW3?
A sharp knife and a hair drier works better than a screwdriver.

When we say: "Hack your Kindle ..."

Seriously, lookup some teardowns on the 'net.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:54 PM   #4
Partvish
Partvish began at the beginning.

Device: PW3 g090g1
Well it seems hacking my kindle with a hammer is my only choice then :'(

I'm gonna pretend for a while that I'm patient and check the site regularly.

One last childish question tho, even if I can't reach the system files, is there some kind of roundabout for collection handling? I heard from a second hand source that calibre can do some kind of round about for automatic placement.. but it sounds like myth, given that it can't reach said files..
Partvish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 04:11 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
The name of that application (the Kindle side) is: LibrarianSync.

Your analysis is correct, if you can't reach where the collections database is stored, neither can LibrarianSync.

Without a "jailbreak", you only have the on-Kindle GUI and the web-based interface to collections that is part of your Amazon account page(s).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
pw3 jailbreak