Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #16
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulsattar View Post
The one in BestBuy is premium limited edition as they wrote in their email to me

(IREX-Digital Reader Premium Limited Edition-DR800SG-US-BK-VD)

So, may be the one in CAR TOYS is different ( not premium limited )

??????
There isn't anything special about the BestBuy version that they are currently selling. It's just the basic DR800SG.

I would guess BB's "premium limited edition" label is a hold over from when they originally listed it on the website several months ago. Back then they were selling a DR800 that was packaged with additional accessories (better stylus, cover, etc) at a higher price. That package doesn't seem to exist anymore though.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:51 PM   #17
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
in the box "USB charger, neoprene cover, stylus"

I bought it using the checkout with Amazon link so the price with ground shipping was $359
That's a great price! Not so bad now while waiting for the firmware upgrade.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Interesting...

A neoprene sleeve and regular plastic stylus is far from premium.
You're right, it's not premium, it's just the basic DR800SG. The "premium" label is probably just left over in BestBuy's system from when they WERE actually selling the premium one, which they don't carry now.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #19
abdulsattar
no longer paper-books
abdulsattar began at the beginning.

Device: previously Sony 505, Onyx Boox ,Kindle DX,iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
in the box "USB charger, neoprene cover, stylus"

I bought it using the checkout with Amazon link so the price with ground shipping was $359
Can you make sure from your order , if they mention the word (premium limited edition ) , if they do, no point to stay with BB backordered and more pricy order.
abdulsattar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdulsattar View Post
Can you make sure from your order , if they mention the word (premium limited edition ) , if they do, no point to stay with BB backordered and more pricy order.
People have already purchased and received from Best Buy and confirmed the same package contents.
Advert
Old 02-26-2010, 08:01 PM   #21
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
I just ordered because of the $40 promo. Woot!! Sales tax for me though.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #22
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-500
How did you get the $40 discount? I tried the checkout by Amazon link but it still show up $399.
OrcaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #23
SCION
Séduisant

I believe if you don't have an account or a payment on file you'll have to wait until you're about to complete checkout to see the discount/promotion field and the deduction.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:20 PM   #24
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Ordered mine. Using Amazon checkout, got $40 off. And no tax since I am in Oregon. Now let's see when it will be shipped.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
OrcaBlue
Groupie
OrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it isOrcaBlue knows what time it is

You're right!!! Thanks Scion.

Item(s) Subtotal: $399.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotions:* -$40.00

Total Before Tax: $359.99
Estimated Tax: $0.00

Very interesting offer indeed.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:29 PM   #26
etpuis
etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etpuis has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex 800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcaBlue View Post
How did you get the $40 discount? I tried the checkout by Amazon link but it still show up $399.
I haven't done anything tricky. Perhaps this promotional discount has nothing to do with Car Toys. As far as I recall, it was my first time actually using Amazon Payments, so my best guess is that $40 promotion was sort of first-time user promotion offered by Amazon Payments?
etpuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #27
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
The last thing I need is another reader but I ordered one also. With the tax savings and discount I saved $80.
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #28
SCION
Séduisant

You folks are tempting me! There's something about the Entourage eDGe that has my interest as well.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #29
CoolDragon
Addict
CoolDragon doesn't litterCoolDragon doesn't litter

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
You folks are tempting me! There's something about the Entourage eDGe that has my interest as well.
I was deciding between the eDGe and the 800SG too. Although eDGe has much more finished features than 800SG, it is too heavy for me as an eReader, and I don't really need the netbook part that much.

My only wish for 800SG is that they do add the PDF zoom (including fit width in landscape orientation) as well as the annotation feature in the "April" firmware release. Finger crossed.
CoolDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:46 PM   #30
OrcaBlue
Groupie

Scion, perhaps your PRS-900 can go back???