Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 01:07 AM   #1
yecam
Enthusiast
yecam began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Bookmarks question snapshot 20090812

I have just installed the latest snapshot (20090812) and am navigating around quite successfully. So far I am stumped on using the bookmarks capability. I can easily set a bookmark using button number three but have not figured out the trick for seeing my list of bookmarks and selecting one. Previously this was done with a long press on button three but this seems to be disabled in this new snapshot.

Is there a trick to getting to the current set of bookmarks or have I uncovered a bug?

I appreciate the new functionality of the power button. A short press gets you back to the main menu but with the current book showing at the top. Selecting this new first menu item puts you right back into the current book. It's not quite the same as locking the keyboard but does provide you with some protection from accidental button pushes.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #2
lunohod
OpenInkpot developer
lunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toyslunohod shares his or her toys

Device: N516,V3,PRS505,iLiad,eSlick,E60,K3,K4NT,M90,PB912,KoboMini
it's a known issue, long press doesn't work in fbreader.
it's already fixed and should work in next snapshot.
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Frankr
Zealot
Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frankr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EzReader, Sony 650, Kindle 5, Onyx i62HD, Kobo Aura HD
I assigned key 4 to open my bookmarks. While reading a book, just click on Menu/OK, choose keys "5", then click on the number key you would like to use, and you should then see a choice of options that you can assign that key to, on the right.
FYI, It's the same on the next snapshot http://openinkpot.org/pub/snapshots/20090815/

Last edited by Frankr; 08-17-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:59 PM   #4
yecam
Enthusiast
yecam began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
I assigned key 4 to open my bookmarks. While reading a book, just click on Menu/OK, choose keys "5", then click on the number key you would like to use, and you should then see a choice of options that you can assign that key to, on the right.
FYI, It's the same on the next snapshot http://openinkpot.org/pub/snapshots/20090815/
You mean the keys menu actually allows you to reassign keys? I thought that it was just a convenient reminder screen. That's neat.