Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 09-12-2008, 02:47 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Relationship between multiple cache files

Is there any relationship between the three cache files (internal memory cache, MS cache, SD cache)? That is, if I e.g. modify one, should I update the others to keep in sync? Specifically, I am interested in record IDs: Suppose that I have:

- Internal memory cache:
Code:
<xs1:text ... id="5" ... />
- SD cache:
Code:
<text ... id="6" ... />
Now I add another document to the internal memory. Do I need to concern myself with IDs in the SD cache or is it enough to make sure that the new ID is unique within the internal memory cache? In other words, if I modify the internal memory cache to:
Code:
<xs1:text ... id="5" ... />
<xs1:text ... id="6" ... />
Will it have any adverse effects on the same-IDed record in the SD cache? Or vice versa.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
depends on the firmware of the reader in question. IIRC, the original firmware on the 500 required the numbers on the storage card databases to always be greater than the largest number in the main memory db. I think the 505 relaxed that requirement, but I'm not a 100% sure. Look at the books.py code in calibre to check.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert