Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 05:04 PM   #1
stephenTOS
stephenTOS began at the beginning.

Device: iPad w/Kindle app
Margin cutting off portion of number generated from <li>

Kindle Previewer is cutting off part of the number in my endnote <ol>.How can I increase the space between the left edge of the 'page' and the number generated by <ol> & <li>? Is this a problem inherent in the Previewer?

Thanks. Steve
stephenTOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 05:00 PM   #2
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenTOS View Post
Kindle Previewer is cutting off part of the number in my endnote <ol>.How can I increase the space between the left edge of the 'page' and the number generated by <ol> & <li>? Is this a problem inherent in the Previewer?

Thanks. Steve
Steve:

Are you, perhaps, using a negative indent somewhere?

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2017, 09:18 AM   #3
stephenTOS

No, Hitch, there weren't any negative indents. It was only happening with Kindle fire. I ended up downloading the beta version of Previewer 3. The issue did not reappear on that version of the previewer. BTW, I love the results achieved with that new version of Previewer. Thanks for taking the time to reply, Hitch.
Steve
Old 06-30-2017, 02:00 PM   #4
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, Hitch, there weren't any negative indents. It was only happening with Kindle fire. I ended up downloading the beta version of Previewer 3. The issue did not reappear on that version of the previewer. BTW, I love the results achieved with that new version of Previewer. Thanks for taking the time to reply, Hitch.
Steve
Well, that's fine--but you ought to be aware that KP 3.0 isn't necessarily a perfect rendering of how the books will appear on real devices. We use the Previewers constantly, of course--but we also have pretty much every K device/reader here. Of the two, we find 2.92 far more representative of how the books will really look, on the devices.

Good luck to you.

Hitch
Old 07-07-2017, 01:09 PM   #5
stephenTOS

Thanks, Hitch. The older version I have is 2.94. Is 2.92 better than 2.94?
Advert
Old 07-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

Quote:
Thanks, Hitch. The older version I have is 2.94. Is 2.92 better than 2.94?
Hi:

No, no. I simply typed 2.92, which is a habit. I also use 2.94. My error.

Hitch