Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 02-19-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
CF Card not recognized

Hi

I have iLiad V2, Version 2.11 and somtimes when I boot up my Sandisk 4GB CF Card Ultra II isn't recognized. Just now I had to start it 2 times until it was recognized again.

Is this a repair case? Or better with 2.12?

Thank you for your help
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:27 AM   #2
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
Hi

I have iLiad V2, Version 2.11 and somtimes when I boot up my Sandisk 4GB CF Card Ultra II isn't recognized. Just now I had to start it 2 times until it was recognized again.

Is this a repair case? Or better with 2.12?

Thank you for your help
Gogolo
This is "normal". Happend sometimes (Sandisk CF Extreme III) here, too.
With 2.12? Did it happen since the upgrade? Maybe. I can't remember.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2008, 10:41 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
This happens to me too, also with a SanDisk CF card and with both 2.11 and 2.12.

My adventures with user loaded fonts also required me to reboot with the card removed, and I noticed that the CF card would then be recognized if it was inserted in a running iLiad. This does not happen if the CF card is there when booting and it isn't recognized - taking the CF card out and reinserting it does not lead to the card being mounted. Perhaps this is a clue to what is going on.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
VillageReader
Evangelist
VillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with othersVillageReader plays well with others

Device: Iliad
In addition to rebooting, it has often helped me to remove the card and re-seat it before rebooting.

This is an issue that has improved over time but not been completely eliminated. There are several brands that don't work perfectly. The speculation has been that the problem relates to the read/write speed of the CF card (I think the issue is faster cards are more likely to have problems), but if a real root cause has been found a 'perfect' solution to the problem hasn't been found.
VillageReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Thanks for all your replies!

I just changed from SD to CF...

SD was always nice - but only 1 GB...

iLiad and Cards

Greetings
Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert