Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 10:01 PM   #16
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookas View Post
Could any of you tell me if it's so? Is the h2o more responsive and fast and precise in underlining and possibly also in turning pages, than the KA1?
The H2O is *much* more precise than the A1. You won't really notice the difference in turning pages, but it's trivially easy to move your selection to to the precision of individual letters, even with very small type text. This applies to first edition H2O (IR), as well as the new one (capacitive.)

I will note, however, that the Kobo only holds up with text selection when books are loaded in the "Kepub" format. this is done by installing the KoboTouch Extended plugin in Calibre.

Quote:
If the new kindle Oasis is the fastest reader, I would go for it, but I'm worried about if I would lose something in the conversion from epub to Mobi. I don't mind to have less fonts, but I read about worse rendering of images in Mobi?
I haven't gotten my hands on the new Oasis, (or the old one for that matter). But books should be converted to AZW3 to retain all the epub formatting. Image rendering is actually far superior on the Kindle Paperwhite, (and presumably, Voyage and Oasis, but I can't speak fro experience on that point.)

Image rendering on the 1st Edition H20 is actually better than either the A1 or the new H2O2 (again, only applies to Kepub.. Image rendering on epub looks far worse.. It's improved with recent firmware releases, but still uses a very visible pattern dithering.)

Another nice thing about the Kindle is that highlights are automatically written to a text file as you make them. (though I've recently learned, you can add a hidden feature in the Kobo to export highlights to text on demand.) Why this feature is hidden? that's just kobo for you.)

The Kindle is *very* fast and precise at text highlighting, but it will only allow you to hight by whole words.
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote