Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-09-2013, 05:13 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Chapter Indigo now ships internationally

Hi all, I live in Sweden and after having read that it was now possible to Pre-order the new Aura to the US I decided to check if they'd changed their policy for other countries as well. http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/home/ To my delight I was able to preorder with a promised delivery date of the 14th of November. With a total cost of $CA 184.82 (1200 Kr), I'm quite happy. This will be my cheapest ebook reader yet. I'll get back to you in two month when/if it gets delivered.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
You can't do this to a poor gadget- addict
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:24 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
http://help.indigo.ca/app/answers/detail/a_id/28

Quote:
Shipping to the United States
Shipping method:
US Destination Shipping*
Rate :
Based on weight/size and distance to destination.
Estimated arrival time:
2-3 weeks from date of shipment.
*Any duties or taxes levied against packages arriving from outside the United States are determined by U.S. Customs and Immigration and are the responsibility of the recipient.

Shipping to an International Address (outside Canada and the U.S.)
Shipping method:
International Shipping*
Rate:
Based on weight/size and distance to destination.
Estimated arrival time:
4-8 weeks from date of shipment.

*Please review the international destinations we ship to.

*Any duties or taxes levied against packages arriving from outside the destination country are determined by local Customs and Immigration agencies and are the responsibility of the recipient
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
With a total cost of $CA 184.82 (1200 Kr), I'm quite happy. This will be my cheapest ebook reader yet.
Will you have customs fees/VAT added on as well on your end?
Old 09-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Will you have customs fees/VAT added on as well on your end?
I'm afraid so, of course. For me, the best option would be WHSMITH shipping internationally.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:57 AM   #6
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Of course it turned out to be a bit more complicated. I received this letter:

".. As you are paying with a credit card that was issued by a bank outside of Canada, we require additional information, since many foreign financial institutions do not support verbal verification practices. We are a Canadian company, and, as part of our credit card fraud prevention process for international customers, we need to verify the credit card number and billing address provided.

These steps are necessary to help protect you against credit card abuse. Please find a link to our online help article regarding the verification of international credit cards below:

http://help.indigo.ca/app/answers/de.../international

To proceed with this verification, we ask that you send our Online Billing & Support Team (by replying to this email) a copy of the front of your credit card with the first 4 and last 4 digits of your account number visible (please block the middle 8 digits) and one of the following:

· A scanned portion of your latest credit card statement (see below for details)
OR
· A recent utility bill
OR
· A scan of your Driver’s Licence.

The information you send us should show your name and the billing address you provided on your order. Please block the middle 8 digits of your credit card number if you choose the first option. All other personal details such as your transactions, credit limit and/or available balance are not required. Please block this information as we do not require it.

If you are unable to email the requested documents, you can fax the requested information to 001-905-789-2626.

PLEASE NOTE: We only require this verification ONCE and all subsequent orders placed with this credit card will be processed without further verification. Unless you are issued a new credit card number, you will never need to resend us this information.

We ask that you reply within the next 4 business days. If we do not hear from you, your order will be cancelled and your credit card will not be charged. Should you need more time to gather the requested documents, or have any questions, please email us at billing@indigo.ca or call us at 1-877-492-7044 Mon - Fri 9AM - 5PM ET... "

I sent a picture of my Drivers licence.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:32 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite

That's annoying, but I sure wish that the US company that didn't verify my Canadian credit card resulting in a charge for $15,000 in Apple products did something similar. It was quickly caught by my bank, and, from what I was told, the scofflaw was identified.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:59 AM   #8
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thanks for that, I ordered a Pink. I guess I'll have to find out if it goes through.

So excited to finally order!!! Even if that means I'll have to hook up my scanner and see if it still works....

I may cancel it....$15 shipping versus 0 shipping from kobo.com

Last edited by booklover6; 09-10-2013 at 08:29 AM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
owly
Guru

Well, after having sent my a picture of my drivers licence they also wanted a picture of my VISA card but it was okay to blot out the middle numbers. So I did that and now my order has finally gone through.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was able to cancel my order from Chapters today.

And coincidentally, DH broke one of the cars today in a flash flood pond on the road. So I may have to put off purchasing my new Aura for awhile. We don't know if it can be fixed, yet.
Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 PM   #11
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I gave it a shot but the shipping was almost $40 to Japan and the shipping date was November! I think I'll wait in the hopes that Rakuten will bring it out over here soon for a much cheaper price. Surely they won't let Amazon have no competition as they're releasing their new PW2 in mid October.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I gave it a shot but the shipping was almost $40 to Japan and the shipping date was November! I think I'll wait in the hopes that Rakuten will bring it out over here soon for a much cheaper price. Surely they won't let Amazon have no competition as they're releasing their new PW2 in mid October.
Very disappointing...I think my date showed November, also, which is another reason I cancelled. I don't mind (much) waiting for Powell's to get it in, or another store, if I have to wait that long.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #13
owly
Guru

Well whaddya know! I received an email today saying that my Aura has been shipped!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Well whaddya know! I received an email today saying that my Aura has been shipped!
Awesome, let us know when you get it!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #15
Nightyume
Addict
Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.Nightyume can see what is invisible to the naked eye.

Device: HTC One, Galaxy Note 10.1, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Great. Did they give you a tracking number or do you just have to wait and see when the delivery gnomes show up?
Nightyume is offline   Reply With Quote