Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #1
Skinz
Skinz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Request for FlightGlobal and/or Aviation Week Recipe Help

Hi,

I've been playing with Calibre on and off for a month and the recipe feature is a real winner! So thanks to all who have developed the great list so far.

But having found most of what appeals to me I'm really intersted in adding either FlightGlobal or Aviation Week:

Flight Global aka Flight International

But so far I have to admit I am not even sure where to start! Has anyone got any draft recipes, or good advice so (in very very slow time) I can have a go?

Thanks,
Skinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinz View Post
Hi,

I've been playing with Calibre on and off for a month and the recipe feature is a real winner! So thanks to all who have developed the great list so far.

But having found most of what appeals to me I'm really intersted in adding either FlightGlobal or Aviation Week:

Flight Global aka Flight International

But so far I have to admit I am not even sure where to start! Has anyone got any draft recipes, or good advice so (in very very slow time) I can have a go?

Thanks,
Do either of them have RSS feeds?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Skinz

Starson17,

Yes they both have RSS feeds but they look 'different' to what I'm used to - 'tho web, html and so on are not my area of expertise.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Starson17,

Yes they both have RSS feeds but they look 'different' to what I'm used to - 'tho web, html and so on are not my area of expertise.
Have you tried using the Basic Mode recipe feature?
Old 08-08-2011, 02:26 PM   #5
Skinz

Starson17,

Looking at the RSS feeds, one has disappeared (Av Week) and the other on Flight Global is a link to list of static pages - so, sorry, the answer to 'Do they have RSS feeds?' should really have been - no.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Starson17,

Looking at the RSS feeds, one has disappeared (Av Week) and the other on Flight Global is a link to list of static pages - so, sorry, the answer to 'Do they have RSS feeds?' should really have been - no.
If that's the case, you need to use parse_index to grab links from a starting page and build a virtual feed.

See here:
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual/news.html#news
Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 AM   #7
AvWeekRupa
AvWeekRupa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Starson17,

Looking at the RSS feeds, one has disappeared (Av Week)
Hi there - you can find Aviation Week's RSS feeds here: http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/myaviationweek.do#rssTab

Just select the channel you're interested in and it will bring up the link to the relevant RSS feed.

Rupa Haria / Aviation Week
AvWeekRupa is offline   Reply With Quote