Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kindle
New Content Server feature

The changelog for .6.20 includes the following:

•Content Server: Add a mobile friendly interface. Now if you access the content server using a mobile browser, a list of books that is easy to browse on small/e-ink screens is returned.

Is there something I need to do to enable this?

When I go to the URL with my Kindle, I get content errors. From my PC, I get the same display I'm used to.
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/user_m...reading-device
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Fabulous, I can see my books from my Kindle in a decent manner - so much better than browsing the directory structure directly like I was before.

Thanks,
Tracey
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #4
tbergman
Connoisseur
tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.tbergman knows the square root of minus one.

Forwarding the port did work. As an aside, I don't see why Calibre is limited (on Windows) to ports over 1024.

Now that it works, I have to comment that the interface is still not something I'm finding all that useful for browsing my book collection from the Kindle.

What I'd love to see is an interface that looks Stanza does when I access Caliber from my iPhone.

In particular, I really like the way Stanza shows the sort by author where you get a list of author names and next to each name is the number of books. Select an author and you see the books.

The way it allows sorts by series, tags etc. is also very nice.

Meanwhile, I find a directory listing of a folder I fill using Calibre save to disk that sorts by author, series, title to be much more usable but a little stark.

I love calibre and hope you'll take this as a suggestion for improvement. I would recommend the same changes for the non-mobile version of the Calibre web server also.

Thanks for the great product,

Tom
tbergman is offline   Reply With Quote