Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
iRex announces development of colour device for 2011 delivery

iRex Technologies, the producer of the popular iLiad and DR1000 range of large-screen eInk devices, yesterday announced that they are working on a new range of colour devices, with an anticipated release date of mid 2011. The announcement was made at the Society for Information Display (SID) conference in San Antonio by iRex's leading display expert, Alex Henzen, who said:

Quote:
The current colour solutions for electrophoretic [eInk] displays ... employ additive colour mixing techniques and filters that compromise the reading quality of the display. The new iRex solution will be based on subtractive colour mixing similar to physical printing which will offer three times the brightness of current colour prototypes.
For more information, see the iRex press release at:

http://www.irextechnologies.com/file...0PR%20iRex.pdf
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
Announcing it two years out? Really? In the tech world that seems to be just asking for it.

But here's hoping!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If anyone can do it, though, I think it's iRex. They have a history of delivering innovative products.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:51 AM   #4
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Yes, it's just such a shame that they failed to deliver with the iLiad...

I could forgive them that, but lying to the early adopters repeatedly I can't.

Once bitten twice shy, I won't ever buy another iRex product.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 05:57 AM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
This is good news... because it means a color Kindle should be out in 2011 or 2012 as well.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 05:59 AM   #6
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
saying they will have a color device in 18 months (probably more, could be as high as 28 logically)

I say, No duh considering that's when everyone is saying saying we can expect the first color Epaper screens will be rolling off the lines for less than the down paymen on a house.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:08 AM   #7
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I recently read we should expect to have a Presidential Election in the US sometime in the Q4 of 2012. But that has yet to be confirmed.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 06:57 AM   #8
tonyofla
Enthusiast
tonyofla began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
“iRex is in constant dialogue with its customers and partners." with the partners perhaps. not so sure about the customer part!
tonyofla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #9
Blue
Connoisseur
Blue is on a distinguished road

I've stopped believing in anything that Irex has to say the moment they dropped support of the iLiad. That should have happened alot earlier but I was to ignorant of all the complains around me. I am most definitely never going to buy an Irex product again.
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #10
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
2011 ... in IRex time calculation it will be released early in 2013
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #11
balok
Ugly alien
balok doesn't litterbalok doesn't litterbalok doesn't litter

Device: tricorder
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
2011 ... in IRex time calculation it will be released early in 2013
Why is it that we have become so sceptical whenever a company announces a release date? Is it that we are constantly being lied to?

Yep.
balok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:07 AM   #12
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
I love my Iliad but their lack of support for it makes me never want to invest in their product again especially since they are priced way above the competition. I'm hoping Pixel Qi's reader technology takes off later this year, can't wait another 4 years for these e-ink guys to get their act together with color. Speaking of company release dates, I wonder if the Irex color reader or the Paper Logics device will come out first
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:10 AM   #13
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
Quote:
Originally Posted by balok View Post
Why is it that we have become so sceptical whenever a company announces a release date? Is it that we are constantly being lied to?

Yep.
Particularly in iRex's case...

I've never known a company lie to it's customer so consistantly and completely.

Maybe they've been better with the DR series. I gave up when I replaced my iLiad with the 505. Much as I loathe Sony at least it comes closer than the iLiad ever did to matching the specs they gave.

If anyone asks my opinion when this is released it will be to wait a minimum of 6 months after launch to even consider buying it.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:11 AM   #14
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I will never again deal with this company. I would rather read a p book.
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:15 AM   #15
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by balok View Post

Yep.
Except for Amazon....
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote