Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-12-2022, 06:30 AM   #1
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
can I leave a note on the Book Browser?

I did a search for "note" and "notation", but it seems that virtually every thread came up!

I see a section that I must come back to in the future, and I'd like to leave a note on it: CHANGE THIS, or something similar, the way I do when I'm reading a Kindle book on my Fire tablet, or indeed the way I can add a tag to this very thread. Is there any way to do this in Sigil?
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 09:26 AM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
In BookBrowser? Or do you mean CodeView?

In CodeView I will often add an xhtml comment starting with **FIXME** and include a note about what still needs to be fixed in that xhtml file. If I want it to appear in Preview I simply make it a h1 or something visually easy to see.

Either way a simple Find and Replace for **FIXME** shows me all my remaining todo items. As the fixmes are done, I remove them.

I use this approach for all of my xhtml and even all my software coding projects.

Last edited by KevinH; 10-12-2022 at 09:50 AM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2022, 12:56 AM   #3
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5th Gen
Lately I’ve been creating a notes.css file that’s not linked to anything, and is entirely commented out, for little to-do lists.
phillipgessert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 09:37 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipgessert View Post
Lately I’ve been creating a notes.css file that’s not linked to anything, and is entirely commented out, for little to-do lists.
That's a good idea for general to-do or checklists! And you can open it in its own CodeView tab and leave there for fast updates. I am going to start doing that as well.

Thanks!
Old 10-13-2022, 06:41 PM   #5
phillipgessert
Addict
phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phillipgessert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
That's a good idea for general to-do or checklists! And you can open it in its own CodeView tab and leave there for fast updates. I am going to start doing that as well.

Thanks!
Glad it’s useful!
Advert
Old 10-19-2022, 12:30 PM   #6
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Well, it would be more obvious if it were in the Book Browser window on the left, but I suppose I could embed a note in Chapter One code view.

"notes.css", huh? Yes, I'll try that.

(I see that I get a Warning when I run Flight Crew, which suggests that I must delete notes.css before publishing, right?

Thanks!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 12:43 PM   #7
phillipgessert
Addict

I usually remove it once I’ve completed everything within it, but I don’t know that you necessarily HAVE to. I’m pretty sure epubcheck doesn’t complain about it. Does the warning include any details?
Old 10-19-2022, 01:27 PM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer

FWIW, Flight Crew is at end of life. The epubcheck plugin really is the way forward for both epub2 and epub3. Flightcrew should probably be limited to being used only as an additional check for what few things are not covered by epubcheck. Having an extra unlinked css file that is properly manifested should never be an issue with any readers.
Old 11-03-2022, 03:12 AM   #9
AlanHK
Guru
AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlanHK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW-3, iPad, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
Well, it would be more obvious if it were in the Book Browser window on the left, but I suppose I could embed a note in Chapter One code view.
Or in the cover file:

Code:
<body>
<!--
Note 1, 
Note 2,
etc.

-->

Or if you want it to be visible, use pre tags so you can just type in unformatted text:

Code:
<body>
<pre>
Note 1, 
Note 2,
etc.

</pre>
AlanHK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
notation, note