Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #166
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
i'm hoping Amazon will make a 6" version of this new PW5 at some point in the not too distant future.

best wishes koboy
I hope not. I think the days of the 6" screen are just about over.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 01:55 PM   #167
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
But then the Oasis has always been about "premium", so money is not the issue for those that want that. But I am surprised that Amazon has so blurred the difference between their standard and premium model. I wonder if the Oasis will lose sales.
I think the Oasis has always been about price gouging the customer. Look at the cost of the Oasis vs. the PW5 and Libra and you'll see that Amazon doesn't need to charge so much.
Advert
Old 10-04-2021, 02:01 PM   #168
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
For me, I find my H2O easy to use on the go. It's not too large or too heavy. I know it's only 0.8" larger then a 6" screen but it does make a noticeable difference.

If you do need or prefer a larger font size, the Libra or the Forma is going to do much better then a 6" screen.
For me I, found the 6" Glo HD very preferable to the H2O. The H2O is just too big and bulky. The 0.8 screen size difference didn't make an appreciable difference to me.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 02:13 PM   #169
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
The screen of the Oasis is slightly better than the Kobo Libra, and the Kobo Libra is better than the PW4 (or so the people say who have seen both; I haven't seen the PW4).
I've seen the PW3 vs the PW4 and the PW3 screen is sharper and clearer.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:15 PM   #170
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Well, dammit, I'm just hoping that I'm happier with this new PPW than I have been with the Oasis. I lurved my Voyage, but now I'm accustomed to the Oasis screen size/clarity. If the cursed thing didn't dig into my hand with that lopsided bar there, I'd love it too. (sigh).

I feel like bloody Goldilocks. I'm still waiting on that final bowl of porridge.

Hitch
If Reader were akin to porridge, I'd still be reading pBooks. I don't like porridge. I also don't like rice pudding.
Advert
Old 10-04-2021, 02:17 PM   #171
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amgoforth View Post
I want a larger screen like the new Nook has.
Then get the Kobo Forma with an 8" screen.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:22 PM   #172
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
Yeah 7.8 is best. Kobo Forma is 8".
The problem with the nook is the firmware. It's rubbish.
Old 10-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #173
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
Quote:

you hope. why would you want to deprive/stop those who only want to buy a new 6" ereader from being able do so? it's the height of a me, me, me personality. (i don't want a 6" version so why should anyone else have one) please enlighten me to your logic are you perhaps concerned if they make a 6" they won't make a 6.8? if that's your concern my reply would be why can't Amazon make the same Kindle in 6" and 6.8 versions.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:13 PM   #174
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
For me I, found the 6" Glo HD very preferable to the H2O. The H2O is just too big and bulky. The 0.8 screen size difference didn't make an appreciable difference to me.
agreed. i tried the Aura HD before i decided i much preferred the Aura 6" of course i'm fully aware it's each to their own.

best wishes koboy
Old 10-04-2021, 04:22 PM   #175
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by koboy View Post
you hope. why would you want to deprive/stop those who only want to buy a new 6" ereader from being able do so? it's the height of a me, me, me personality. (i don't want a 6" version so why should anyone else have one) please enlighten me to your logic are you perhaps concerned if they make a 6" they won't make a 6.8? if that's your concern my reply would be why can't Amazon make the same Kindle in 6" and 6.8 versions.

best wishes koboy
Our Jon (Wolfie) is a bit pesky in his beliefs. :-) We luv him anyway, but Jon's beliefs are pretty much written in stone for him.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:52 PM   #176
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I think the Signature Edition sounds a bit gimmicky.
I think so, as well. Wireless charging is cool though, but not cool enough to warrant an additional $50.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:58 PM   #177
koboy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Our Jon (Wolfie) is a bit pesky in his beliefs. :-) We luv him anyway, but Jon's beliefs are pretty much written in stone for him.

Hitch
indeed. i have noticed once or twice.

best wishes koboy
Old 10-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #178
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
If Reader were akin to porridge, I'd still be reading pBooks. I don't like porridge. I also don't like rice pudding.
How about custard?
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #179
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Both are fantastic with Raisins stirred in. (something to add FLAVOR )
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 09:16 PM   #180
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Hopefully not. My PocketBook HD3 is small and easy to carry in a pocket. Even if they do come out with a 6.8" version (which I would be interested in) I would still like 6" eReader for its size and portability. Why does it have to be one or the other?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote