Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-11-2020, 07:20 AM   #1
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast
A-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura HD
Exclamation Touch HD 3 bug

Hi everyone,

I am new here, found this forum looking for a fix to a bug that I encounter, reading on my brand new Touch HD 3 (firmware: v.6.0.926). The problem is this: When I am reading, turn of the e-reader, and then turn it on again, it opens the book on a page before the page where I stopped reading. This isn't the only problem regarding page numbering, placing a bookmark is virtually impossible, for it bookmarks the page a few pages before that specific page.

How do I solve this/is this know to the developers?
A-Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Curiosity View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new here, found this forum looking for a fix to a bug that I encounter, reading on my brand new Touch HD 3 (firmware: v.6.0.926). The problem is this: When I am reading, turn of the e-reader, and then turn it on again, it opens the book on a page before the page where I stopped reading. This isn't the only problem regarding page numbering, placing a bookmark is virtually impossible, for it bookmarks the page a few pages before that specific page.

How do I solve this/is this know to the developers?
I think it is a known problem and (I believe) you can request to test the beta 6.x releases. (Just going by what I've seen in other threads.)

Personally I would drop back to version 5.19.832 for now and let them iron out the bug(s) in 6.0.x.

You can download 5.19.832 here...

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/int/s...ook-touch-hd-3
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2020, 10:56 AM   #3
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast
A-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I think it is a known problem and (I believe) you can request to test the beta 6.x releases. (Just going by what I've seen in other threads.)

Personally I would drop back to version 5.19.832 for now and let them iron out the bug(s) in 6.0.x.

You can download 5.19.832 here...

https://www.pocketbook-int.com/int/s...ook-touch-hd-3
Thanks for your response, I just checked with Pocketbook's customer service, and version five indeed doesn't suffer from this bug. I also asked whether I could be added to the beta-testing program, which they immediately did. In this beta version, the problem luckily didn't persist, as they had already told me.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:03 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Curiosity View Post
Thanks for your response, I just checked with Pocketbook's customer service, and version five indeed doesn't suffer from this bug. I also asked whether I could be added to the beta-testing program, which they immediately did. In this beta version, the problem luckily didn't persist, as they had already told me.
Good to hear. I wonder what's holding the beta up from release?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 04:06 AM   #5
Lykke
Groupie
Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Lykke can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I'm having this bug on Touch Lux 3 when I have the 'built-in page numbering' feature turned on. Firmware 5. I guess if you power off the reader at the second part of page 74 or something, it resumes at the first part of page 74 instead
Lykke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2020, 08:25 AM   #6
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Good to hear. I wonder what's holding the beta up from release?
Yes, that astonishes me as well, given the fact that it's such an essential function that is affected by this bug, and I have had no problem with this beta since I received it, seems to work just fine, the OS even feels ever so slightly snappier. Perhaps they want to implement some other things, but I'm not sure why, in that case, they wouldn't just release this fix and then keep working on the rest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykke View Post
I'm having this bug on Touch Lux 3 when I have the 'built-in page numbering' feature turned on. Firmware 5. I guess if you power off the reader at the second part of page 74 or something, it resumes at the first part of page 74 instead
This looks like the same issue that had been affecting me before I tried this beta version for the Touch HD. I've read somewhere else that trying a different third party reader might also help.