Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Royoyo
Royoyo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Adobe Digital and Calibre

Hi,

I have a Kobo Aura H2O, and I have Calibre for the Ebooks I own. I want to rent some ebooks in my local library, and it's with Adobe Digital Editions.

My question is: Is it possible to have both my Calibre libary AND my Adobe library on the same E-reader ?

Thanks
Royoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yes, you can use both.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is no real interaction between ADE and calibre that will stop them working together. When you use ADE to add books to the device, they go into a specific location. When the device is disconnected, it processes them. The next time you connect to calibre, they will appear in the device list as on the device. If you use calibre to track your reading, you can add an empty book to the library to match this book.

The other way is roughly the same. Any epub you add to the device using calibre will show in device list that ADE has after it has been processed. I haven't played with this enough to know what you can do with it.

About the only thing I would recommend is not starting calibre and ADE at the same time. Or having both running when you connect the device. Both do a lot of work when the device is first seen, and it could cause problems if both are trying to access the device at the same time.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote