Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-24-2016, 06:58 PM   #1
Fralippo
Fralippo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Lightbulb Export text including highlights?

Hi there,

Ok, so I spent a while highlighting a very long .epub text in various colors, etc.

I just realise the best way for me to work with the text is if I could somehow get the whole text with the text highlighted (ideally also annotations) in a document, to edit on a desktop application and/or possibly print.

I would need the whole text including highlights, not purely the highlights/annotations export feature from Marvin.

Do you guys know of a way? I'm not sure this is even possible, but I'm far from having discovered everything Marvin is able to do, so I thought I'd ask here.

(I know worst comes to worst I could take screenshots of every single page and print those...)

-Exporting the chapter with flattened highlights?

Thank you very much!

Last edited by Fralippo; 11-02-2016 at 12:20 PM. Reason: clarification
Fralippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 07:09 PM   #2
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
You can simply highlight the entire chapter and use one of the multiple functions to send that text to whichever apps you have set up on your device.

I'm not aware of a way to "select all" or "select chapter"...but I'm pretty sure that was done on purpose. It would be too easy for people to pirate a book instead of just getting samples/sections/quotes from the book.... Having said that, it should be fairly easy for you to just open the ePub on your computer and access any of the text within the file. Marvin only displays non-DRM ePub files and .cbz files. That doesn't include any highlights you may have added within Marvin...

Perhaps someone else that is more familiar with highlights has a different idea??
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2016, 07:11 PM   #3
Fralippo
Fralippo began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Thanks, but as I wrote, it's the complete text including the colored highlights from Marvin I'm after ;-)
I can get to the text in itself pretty easily...

[edit: have clarified this in 1st post now]

Last edited by Fralippo; 10-25-2016 at 03:59 AM.
Fralippo is offline   Reply With Quote