Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-29-2011, 07:21 PM   #31
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And this has to do with the PRS-T1 how?
its in response to the previous post by Arghus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrghus View Post
(But that said, I've not seen a Kindle either, but people MUST be buying these devices - where are they keeping them? I take mine EVERYWHERE!)
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 07:25 PM   #32
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

And to get back on topic, does anyone know what screen size the T1 is?
no, this information is hidden in the FCC filing
Advert
Old 07-29-2011, 07:27 PM   #33
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
no, this information is hidden in the FCC filing
I guess we won't know until sometime in September.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:17 PM   #34
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
I for one am glad Sony is coming out with a rectangle. I think that is just what this market needs.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:19 PM   #35
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I'm excited! I love my 950 and if the new ones are good I'll be upgrading and selling my 950 on ebay.

I'd like a smaller version actually than my current one - 6" sounds great to me - but the deal-breakers are wi-fi and two-page landscape reading. It looks like they may all have wifi now so that's great, but I'm still nervous that even the largest new one may not have two-page landscape, let alone smaller ones.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #36
Dulin's Books
Wizard

all ADE Epub reading devices have two page reading in landscape orientation when you select a font size that allows two pages to show at once
Old 07-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #37
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
I hardly ever see ereaders in the wild. Unless it's me.
Do you ride Metro? I see them every morning and afternoon on Metro.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #38
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
Quote:
I guess we won't know until sometime in September.
Isn't that Sony's usual release window? I seem to remember spending an awful lot of money come October just about every year for the past.....3? 4? years

Sony Electronics seems to have a monopoly on football season here stateside. Just about every autumn, there's a new shiny out.

My dream is with the rumors of Amazon developing a tablet, the PRS-T1 will be a wifi enabled "tablet" style reader, similar to the nook color, only using a (one can only hope) mirasol display.

It wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Sony to try and jump the competition by offering the latest technology first at their premium price points.

And with the Pottermore thing brewing too...I think Sony is in a prime position to smack Amazon upside the head.
jaxx6166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:27 PM   #39
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
all ADE Epub reading devices have two page reading in landscape orientation when you select a font size that allows two pages to show at once
I'm not a very technical person....what is ADE Epub? I know epub is one format. But Sonys are all epub and only the 950 allows two page landscape mode
Old 07-30-2011, 10:29 PM   #40
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
using a (one can only hope) mirasol display.
That would be lovely. I can't wait for colour e-ink.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
What I think would work would be wifi, a decent web browser and the latest version of ADE. With all of that and given what Sony has as well as the fact that it works would again bring Sony the #1 Reader line.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:08 PM   #42
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
What I think would work would be wifi, a decent web browser and the latest version of ADE. With all of that and given what Sony has as well as the fact that it works would again bring Sony the #1 Reader line.
Wishful thinking.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #43
MrsJoseph
Loves Ellipsis...
MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MrsJoseph ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi (broken), nook STR (returned), Kobo Touch, Sony T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
Do you ride Metro? I see them every morning and afternoon on Metro.
I bike to work. Yeah. Even in this heat.

I swear my husband is a sadist, lol.
MrsJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 08:13 AM   #44
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Here's a WAG for y'all:
Odds the T1 is android-based?

- 802.11n wifi is overkill for a reader (Like that ever stopped Sony. Still...)
- Sony is making an android play with their other portable gadgets
- they got in bed with Panasonic to present a united front on readers in Japan. The Panasonic reader? Android-based.
- T1? Really? Now? Sounds like they want to break with the past, signal a new start. Or ran out of naming ideas.

Take yer pot-shots, folks!

Last edited by fjtorres; 07-31-2011 at 08:16 AM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 02:59 PM   #45
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
According to the Google Blog, they are planning to have more ereaders with Google Books integration.

http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/...-e-reader.html

So perhaps my hopes are not misplaced.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote