Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple iTouch
Eight free E-Books from Xcite Books Ltd.

As part of Read an E-Book Week, Xcite Books Ltd. is offering eight erotic/romantic books free with a limit of one per customer. The regular price is $4.59.

1. A Caning For The Goddess
2. All The Boys
3. Aztec Gold
4. Chocolate Lover
5. One More Night
6. The Strap-On
7. The Twin's Initiation
8. Under The Desk

I tried ordering one of these books, and after going through the selection process, including the providing of my credit card number, their site still showed that I owed $4.59. I canceled the order and wrote to Xcite's contact address, asking for an explanation.

Last edited by Susan Crealock; 03-08-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Susan Crealock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #2
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Try again, logging in first. Click on the ebook week promotion banner on the front page first, then on a book. You should get a banner that says:

Quote:
Our congratulations! You've been given the following promotion: Read an eBook Week promotion
Click on cart, then on checkout button. In step 4, the discount finally shows. click box to accept terms, then place order (it should say $0.00 before you click).

I did not give them any credit card info.

You can only pick one of the eight titles (only one discount per order, no discount if you try to place another. Of course, you can just keep creating accounts, as I didn't give them a real address, either.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:01 PM   #3
Susan Crealock
Online Novels
Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Susan Crealock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, Karen. I followed a link from Xcite's email that bypassed the page with the promotion banner and the clickable icon. Even so, the page it took me to said Free Reads in bold red letters, so you'd think at this point they'd indeed be free. To Xcite's credit, they answered my message quickly and gave me the book I'd ordered.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Yeah, the "directions" as such, are a bit difficult to interpret (or to find). It seems you must be logged in, then click the banner, then checkout (with the full price showing) and trust you'll get a discount at the very end. Major pain for one ebook (not to mention, I needed another ebookstore account like a hole in my head).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
Susan Crealock
Online Novels

Here's Xcite's response:

Dear Susan,
I do apologise for the problem which was our fault. There was a brief interval in which the website was incorrectly charging for the free titles but it was corrected very quickly and the one customer charged was refunded.

I have attached a copy of Aztec Gold for you to save you ordering again. I do hope you’ll enjoy this as part of Read an eBook Week.

With best wishes,