Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-01-2022, 02:51 PM   #1
leifan89
Enthusiast
leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage, Hisense A9, reMarkable 2
OverDrive stuck on "Please wait..."

Hi! Brand new Libra 2 owner here (arrived Tuesday), long time Kindle owner.

Loving the Kobo so far, with one exception: the OverDrive page in Discover tab does not load, just stuck on "Please wait...", with a few screen flashes. Interestingly, search for books in OverDrive works, so does syncing with OverDrive (e.g. I can borrow a book via Libby and sync down to my Libra 2). Also, the page loaded on the first day when I got it, but not since yesterday.

I looked through system logs (dumped via NickelMenu) and saw 500s from thunder.api.overdrive.com whenever I'm trying to hit the /v2/libraries/<libraryId>/collections/<collectionId> endpoint, but the collectionIds are valid as returned in the list from the /v2/libraries/<libraryId>/collections endpoint.

I've opened a support ticket with OverDrive and they are looking into it. In the meantime, wanted to know if other people are seeing this issue (I see reports of this symptom on r/kobo subreddit), and if this has happened before to anyone (I do see previous reports of Kobos stuck on "Please wait..." on OverDrive page in this forum, but not sure if it's the same symptom).
leifan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 12:03 PM   #2
leifan89
Enthusiast
leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'leifan89 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage, Hisense A9, reMarkable 2
Well, as soon as I make the post, the OverDrive team appears to have fixed it so now the OverDrive tab in "Discover" works again, hope it stays that way...
leifan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert