Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-02-2023, 08:47 PM   #46
Ournple
Ournple began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 10th Gen
I used to buy them pretty often , Like so many people here, i have specific authors whose books i collect, but book prices skyrocketed to triple what they used to be overnight a few months ago, so i'm very conservative with my spending . I'd say about 90% of the books i've read this year were on Eink
Ournple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2023, 11:06 PM   #47
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Sadly for most people, it will end in that junk pile of one purpose kitchen devices that most people have at one time or another accumulated.
I imagine this will indeed be the case for some people - in particular, the ones who don't normally eat hard boiled eggs very often. Some people use their microwave oven all the time. I don't. I use my air fryer more often. But then, some people don't have one of those at all. To each their own.

I will amend my recommendation: "If you like hard boiled eggs, eat them fairly regularly, and have about a 6 inch diameter space on your kitchen counter available - then I think you might like this device."
haertig is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2023, 12:54 AM   #48
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Yes you can. You can think of King Arthur.
But that lacks an amusing double entendre.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 09:33 AM   #49
Indio777
Addict
Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Indio777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Mobile Phone, Kindle (rarely), but mostly still read paper
Yes, very much. I read a lot of nonfiction such as history and art history. Ebooks simply don't work as well. Plus I much prefer the physical aspect. I have read a grand total of five ebooks this year (mostly while I was traveling).

Last edited by Indio777; 11-04-2023 at 09:45 AM.
Indio777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:22 PM   #50
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
HLS, any chance you could enable PMs?.

I don't want people IMing me
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2023, 03:11 PM   #51
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I don't want people IMing me
Fair enough. Good luck.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 03:57 PM   #52
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
But that lacks an amusing double entendre.
It still fits with thew magical sword.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 04:31 PM   #53
AudreyMedia
AudreyMedia began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I don't buy physical books and have no interest. Except in the specific case of artbooks which are generally printed on a special paper
AudreyMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 12:45 AM   #54
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
I only buy reference-type books as physical books. For me, that is cookbooks, religious books, craft books and coffee table type books. Oh, also children's books for my grandkids are only physical books. They are not of an age to appreciate e-books yet.
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 11:36 AM   #55
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Yes. I still buy physical books. My last purchase was a week ago. I bought a cook book in hardback. Have around 12 paperbacks waiting for my attention. �� I admit, I much prefer reading on my Kindle. However, I’ll still continue to buy the odd physical book. There’s just something about holding a physical book in your hands. It’s special.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2023, 09:09 PM   #56
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I bought three books today, all gifts.

My kid wanted a romance novel she saw at Target.

And a few months ago, when visting family in Washington, I mentioned that I'd like to see Stephen King given the Presidential Medal of Freedom. My brother and his wife laughed and she said he was a hack (though she couldn't name a book of his she had read). It offended me and stayed with me. So today I ordered 11/22/63 and Different Seasons for my sister-in-law with a giftcard that says Stephen King isn't a hack. Since I used Amazon and they live in Seattle, it'll be there tomorrow
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 05:27 AM   #57
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
I think when you're a prolific writer some hackiness is inevitable. I've enjoyed some of his work, disliked a fair amount. Enjoyed The Dark Tower series in particular and there was something about Dolores Claiborne that stuck with me. I recently read "Billy Summers" and thought that was rather hacky.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 11:48 AM   #58
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil_swann80 View Post
...I recently read "Billy Summers" and thought that was rather hacky.
Funny. I also heard Billy Summers was the best thing he had written in a while. I haven't yet read it.

I did enjoy The Institute, which I hadn't heard great things about before reading it.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2023, 01:03 PM   #59
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Funny. I also heard Billy Summers was the best thing he had written in a while. I haven't yet read it.

I did enjoy The Institute, which I hadn't heard great things about before reading it.
I found Billy Summers to be rather boring
Old 11-06-2023, 01:04 PM   #60
HLS
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
I bought three books today, all gifts.

My kid wanted a romance novel she saw at Target.

And a few months ago, when visting family in Washington, I mentioned that I'd like to see Stephen King given the Presidential Medal of Freedom. My brother and his wife laughed and she said he was a hack (though she couldn't name a book of his she had read). It offended me and stayed with me. So today I ordered 11/22/63 and Different Seasons for my sister-in-law with a giftcard that says Stephen King isn't a hack. Since I used Amazon and they live in Seattle, it'll be there tomorrow
11/22/63 was a good book. A lot to absorb tho