Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-04-2024, 02:55 PM   #61
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis 3 and Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackm8 View Post
Btw, some people really don't like ITC Garamond: https://designobserver.com/article.php?id=2577
Well that was an interesting read, thanks for sharing it, I didn’t realize anyone could have such a visceral hatred for a font!

At any rate it didn’t convince me, I still think it’s beautiful
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 06:22 PM   #62
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicGecko View Post
Well that was an interesting read, thanks for sharing it, I didn’t realize anyone could have such a visceral hatred for a font!

At any rate it didn’t convince me, I still think it’s beautiful
Even here on MobileRead, there have been font discussions that were almost as passionate. For me, a decent serif font for body text and a decent sans-serif font in the same family for headings works well. Otherwise a serif font for both. The less I notice the font when reading, the better.

My other need is a large glyph selection. I've read too many ebooks where the publisher has embedded a font that does not support the glyphs used in the book so you get the .notdef glyph (blank box, box with a X or ?, etc. instead of the character). That was my reason for creating my font tester epub after reading some of David Weber's War God stories where many of the character names were not showing properly. Such names as Shīgū, Tomanāk, Sothōi, Hŭrăka, Zŭrăk, Ǣtesk & Œ̄tesk for example.

BTW, if you see a white ? on a black diamond ( ), that is an indicator that an error has occurred which is very different from a valid Unicode value that has no matching glyph in the font set.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2024, 08:21 PM   #63
fabb
fabb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Baskerville etext
CorporativeAlt-Medium

https://ibb.co/tMQLkZS

(I don't get how to display it here so here's a link)

Last edited by fabb; 04-09-2024 at 08:23 PM.
fabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 08:14 AM   #64
mistle
mistle began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
Loving Crimson Pro right now!
mistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 10:42 AM   #65
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
Baskerville etext
CorporativeAlt-Medium

https://ibb.co/tMQLkZS

(I don't get how to display it here so here's a link)

It’s not your fault. Posting pics here sucks cuz this site is super outdated.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 11:12 AM   #66
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
Rubbish. You are just used to something else.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:42 PM   #67
JBaby
Zealot
JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JBaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 11th Gen Paperwhite SE, 2021 iPad Pro 11” & iPhone 11 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Rubbish. You are just used to something else.

You have your opinion and I have mine. That’s all I’ll say on the matter.
JBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 01:09 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBaby View Post
You use the Attachments (paperclip on the advanced edit menu).
There is a file size limit (indicated by type)

IMHO this site is way better than another I frequent: I must host the images elsewhere as their ISP wants big $
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote