Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-16-2020, 08:21 PM   #1
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Device: kindle
iOS Update Released: Version 2.0.2

Hello Everyone,

I know most of you have already received the new update, regardless of our attempt to do a phased release. Let me try to shed some light on the recent developments.

Excuse the delay, it's been a little crazy this past week as you all probably know with world events.

1. We have released a new version 2.0.1 and now 2.0.2, this was to fix a small bug and also adjust the skip button text copy
2. No previous paying member should be locked out of using the new version of the app. Skipping will allow you to use the app but eventually will lead to ads
3. Initial release bugs should be replied on this thread (CCfeedback@goldtreeway.com having some hosting problems, should be back up in 24 hours)
4. "Will Android have an update soon?" --> We are going to start working towards implementing an Android subscription model but from this initial feedback maintain as much as the original code as possible. It is on a very old framework but we will try to maintain existing UI/UX.
5. "Will iOS paid subscription have new, better, shinier features?" --> Not in the near future but thats our goal! First thing is to release a version that is stable and functioning. {Please see below for my greater explanation}

My top priority for the next couple weeks with the limited CC resources we have is to squash CRITICAL bugs. As we continue to progress, I hope to turn efforts towards collecting more user feedback for future enhancements.

I have read the thread with the bugs and am actively working on resolving certain bugs.

#5 (cont.): As a community you have the right to voice whatever displeasures you have with the application and I want to actively receive this feedback in a constructive way. Moving forward to support the development of the app in any way (which will happen, no questions), subscription and ads will be implemented. If you want to continuously use the app for free, please expect ads. The revenue from the app you bought, however long ago, can not support development, and the implementation of the subscription and ads is a way to continue to develop. Simply "leaving it alone" would have let your app slowly fall into a non-functioning version of itself.

As I always say, please be patient with us as we continue to work on improving the app with quicker and more responsive releases.

Thanks,
Alex

Last edited by PMrev; 03-16-2020 at 08:43 PM.
PMrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:05 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
can you answer this please, to avoid useless speculation:
once someone has subscribed and that has been validated, is the app designed to then work as an offline library manager indefinitely
i.e. if both cell and wifi are off, should the app go on working? has that scenario been tested?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:27 PM   #3
PMrev
Groupie
PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.PMrev is cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
can you answer this please, to avoid useless speculation:
once someone has subscribed and that has been validated, is the app designed to then work as an offline library manager indefinitely
i.e. if both cell and wifi are off, should the app go on working? has that scenario been tested?
Yes this should work.

Working on a fix now.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:45 PM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Are the options for Grid View going to be tweaked at all? Right now, on a 12" iPad Pro, in landscape view, the Small choice gives you 4 across with the icon being tiny tiny, and the Normal gives you only 2 columns with a ton of white space.

List view is very difficult to see, the icons are very small, and the screen is basically white space.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 04:53 PM   #5
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Are the options for Grid View going to be tweaked at all? Right now, on a 12" iPad Pro, in landscape view, the Small choice gives you 4 across with the icon being tiny tiny, and the Normal gives you only 2 columns with a ton of white space.

List view is very difficult to see, the icons are very small, and the screen is basically white space.
Ipad UI/UX is something that was definitely overlooked and we are figuring out the best way to quickly make a more reactive app for ipad.

Will have more to update on this later.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:37 PM   #6
Mims
Addict
Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mims ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, iPads,IPhone,Aura H2O,PW3
Alex, I have not been shy about voicing my opinions of the disastrous roll out 6 months ago, but you seem to be responding and listening now. I’m going to invest the $9.99. This will make the fourth time I have paid for CC (google, amazon, apple). One more time isn’t going to kill me. But I have enjoyed CC and understand that with the next iOS update or device purchase, my old version may vanish into the ether. Hope that next year the product is good enough for me to happily continue my subscription.
Mims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:30 PM   #7
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mims View Post
Alex, I have not been shy about voicing my opinions of the disastrous roll out 6 months ago, but you seem to be responding and listening now. I’m going to invest the $9.99. This will make the fourth time I have paid for CC (google, amazon, apple). One more time isn’t going to kill me. But I have enjoyed CC and understand that with the next iOS update or device purchase, my old version may vanish into the ether. Hope that next year the product is good enough for me to happily continue my subscription.
Thank you Mims!

We are working hard over here to get things moving and you'll see more releases at a higher frequency.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:55 PM   #8
PMrev
Groupie

Next Release

Hey Everyone,

Been collecting feedback as the release has been getting rolled out.

So some quick development updates, due to Covid, our dev shop actually got shut down (fist in air).

We can get back to development starting March 30th and plan on quickly moving on some bugs identified. Here is our priority list, would love to hear feedback on more critical bugs?

1. Left side sorting function seems to only be sorting newly imported books.
2. Usability for offline users (both wifi and cellular off)
3. Sort by date appears to use the date a book was downloaded into CC for all date sorts, rather than the expected sort by date add to Calibre, date added to CC and date modified.
4. Scaling issues, seems large # of books 10-20K having issues, still trying to identify what key features are blocked by scale

Please be patient with us, we are going through a transition due to the Covid virus but we are dedicated to delivering fixes asap.

Alex
Old 03-22-2020, 03:10 PM   #9
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
Ok .
Good to see the improved communications nowadays.
(Most) customers will be patient so long as you keep them informed.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:41 AM   #10
chitrams
Reader
chitrams began at the beginning.

Device: iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post

Hello Alex,

It would be lovely if we could please have the option for a grid view of the book covers as in the previous version. To be honest I wish I did not update to this most recent release.

I also have the same issue that there is a lot of white space with tiny icons. On my iPad mini I have two books horizontally and three books vertically, which isn't enough as I have a lot of books that I'd like to be able to see at a glance..
chitrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #11
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrams View Post
Hello Alex,

It would be lovely if we could please have the option for a grid view of the book covers as in the previous version. To be honest I wish I did not update to this most recent release.

I also have the same issue that there is a lot of white space with tiny icons. On my iPad mini I have two books horizontally and three books vertically, which isn't enough as I have a lot of books that I'd like to be able to see at a glance..
Hey Chitrams,

It is in backlog to adjust the UI/UX.

We are doing estimation meetings this weekend with our developers to understand if we can fit this into the items I listed above.

We understand this is really hard to use and its high on the list of items but we are prioritizing these other items first.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:40 PM   #12
PMrev
Groupie

We are underway with development and working on high priority bug fixes.
Old 03-31-2020, 04:20 AM   #13
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
thanks
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 11:57 AM   #14
Primus_Pilus
Supervillain Consultant
Primus_Pilus began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX 10.3, Kobo Aura ONE, Aura H2O
Angry Nice work on ripping every previous customer off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMrev View Post
How about NOT crippling the software I have already paid for, violating terms of sale and totally screwing me over by crippling my IOS machine???

I'm looking forward to filing plenty of complaints and escalating until Apple pulls your application from the AppStore.

It's not about the 5 dollars I'm out because of your deplorable business practices, it's the principle of being ripped off because you think you can squeeze users for more cash.
Primus_Pilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020, 07:37 PM   #15
PMrev
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus_Pilus View Post
How about NOT crippling the software I have already paid for, violating terms of sale and totally screwing me over by crippling my IOS machine???

I'm looking forward to filing plenty of complaints and escalating until Apple pulls your application from the AppStore.

It's not about the 5 dollars I'm out because of your deplorable business practices, it's the principle of being ripped off because you think you can squeeze users for more cash.
Hello,

We are sorry for your frustration and that you feel that way. Can you go into more detail on what has been "crippled"? We would be happy to look into it if it's a bug with the app.

Also you have access to the full version of the app you bought, you just need to press skip at the subscription page. As previously stated, we have moved to this business model to fund future version of the app and to prevent the app from moving into a deprecated state.

Thanks,
Alex