Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
fifisailing
fifisailing began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Onyx Boox 60 (in future)
ePub validator

I've made simple app in Java - ePub validator for validating ePub files. It is using EpubCheck as a library so you don't need to run it from command line Hope it would be useful for someone.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ePubValidator.zip (1.26 MB, 500 views)
fifisailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
I've moved this thread to the epub subforum since this is not specific to Sigil, but epub in general.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
fifisailing
fifisailing began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Onyx Boox 60 (in future)
You're right. I posted it in Sigil forum because I use it with Sigil First making epub then validating and again back to Sigil for extra fixes
fifisailing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 01:00 AM   #4
me too
Connoisseur
me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.me too is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
sir
whether this validator is meant for epub 2 or 3??????
me too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #5
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
What do you think? The thread is from 2009, epub3 did not even exist then. If the creator updated the library, it might, but the library is not updated. You can use the latest version of epubcheck, that is the only validator at the moment.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
I have tested Elizabeth Castro's sample files with the latest version of ePubCheck (3.0b5) and it considers them to be invalid - it doesn't recognise audio or video.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:32 AM   #7
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
I have tested Elizabeth Castro's sample files with the latest version of ePubCheck (3.0b5) and it considers them to be invalid - it doesn't recognise audio or video.
I tested her manga.epub sample file, which contains embedded audio files, and it passed ePubCheck 3.0b5 so did cc-shared-culture-20120130.epub, which contains video and audio files.
Which one of her sample files failed epubcheck 3.0b5?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote