Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #16
Phogg
PHD in Horribleness
Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Phogg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just a whole bunch. I guess I am a collector now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessie View Post
Don't forget those of us who crochet. I have already put several of my favorite afghan patterns on my 505 and would love to have a pattern source for crochet patterns.

Tressie
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I don't care about knitting, (can't knit, tried, stuck with crochet - now if you have a method to convert knit patterns to crochet I'll be interested) but - Phogg, but I WANT THAT NAMETAG!!!!

*non-reformed Princess Bride fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
We've got two afghan's. One made for me by my Grandmother and one made for both of us by my Mom.
I have a wonderful afghan that the ladies at a local church custom crocheted for me (made the right length fore some one my height).

Despite the name, Afghans are among the most peaceful blankets

You could save the name tag as a .jpeg and print it on a sticky label.
Phogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #17
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
The last few posts take on a whole new meaning when one considers that an Afghan is also a hound .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #18
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
I don't care about knitting, (can't knit, tried, stuck with crochet - now if you have a method to convert knit patterns to crochet I'll be interested) but - Phogg, but I WANT THAT NAMETAG!!!!

*non-reformed Princess Bride fanatic
http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-app...pculture/9f70/

Also.

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-app...pculture/9dc0/

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-app...pculture/a24d/
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:00 PM   #19
Aurora
Aurora began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Help needed understanding pattern

Hi,

I have got this pattern for V-neck sweater. I am stuck with the pattern for shaping the armholes. The pattern reads as follows

Shape Raglan Armholes

Bind off 2 sts at beg of next 2 rows. {119[125,133,139,147,153]sts}
Next Row[RS] K1, k2tog, k to last 3 sts, sL1K, k1, psso, k1.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Working all raglan armhole decrease as set by ast row, dec 1st at each end of 4th [4th, 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd] and ever foll alt row until 43 [45, 47, 47, 53, 55] sts rem.
Work 1 row, ending with RS facing for next row.

40 and 42in [102 and 107cm] sizes only:
[B]Next Row P1, p2tog tb1, p to last 3 sts, p2tog, p1. {[49, 51] sts}
All sizes:
Break yarn and leave rem 43 [45, 47, 47, 49, 51] sts on a holder.

I need help in understanding the lines that I have marked within the red lines. Please help.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #20
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
Aghan hounds also have a beatiful blanket like furr.
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 03:57 PM   #21
purl4peace
Mommy of Many Interests
purl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enoughpurl4peace will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS-505, Cybook Gen3

Working all raglan armhole decrease as set by ast row, dec 1st at each end of 4th [4th, 4th, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd] and ever foll alt row until 43 [45, 47, 47, 53, 55] sts rem.
Work 1 row, ending with RS facing for next row.

I need help in understanding the lines that I have marked within the red lines. Please help.[/QUOTE]

Here's my take:

1. There is a typo which I believe should be "as set by LAST row" (perhaps you typed that part in wrong"... last row referring to:

2. The "ever foll alt row" also looks funky but I interpret that as "every following (as in "successive") alternating row".

In other words, if you are working one of the first 3 sizes, after your first decrease as specified by:

your next set of decreases will come after you have worked 4 rows... then every other row after that (keeping in mind that you have to decrease from both sides regardless of whether it is after working 4 rows or 2)

If you are working in one of the last 3 sizes, then you'll just work your decrease every other row until you get down to the right number of stitches.

Not sure if that helps. (Raglan sleeves are why I usually stick to drop shoulders ;-)

Last edited by purl4peace; 03-21-2009 at 03:57 PM. Reason: typo
purl4peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:59 PM   #22
BradJones
BradJones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thats awesome!

Really awesome, I wonder if you could get http://www.favecrafts.com/knitting to do that, would be heaven.
BradJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:14 PM   #23
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradJones View Post
Really awesome, I wonder if you could get http://www.favecrafts.com/knitting to do that, would be heaven.
Send them an email
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 09:54 PM   #24
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
I store most of my e-patterns on my readers. I also create a supplies needed "book" that I create so that when I am out I can look up what I need. The only thing I don't like is that I don't see the pattern in color. Back in the day I use to create documents with the project photo and put it on my REB1200. Beautiful to see in color, but too big to carry around with me.
Since I have an ipod touch, I have been trying to gather up my crochet patterns and load them on it. I am glad to see that others are doing this too. There are many uses for ebook readers.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #25
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
this is really cool...a real use for such an "elitist" device...hehehehe...btw, that is from an author about ebook devices in general and posted in it's own thread in this section.

Knitters are about as far from "elitists" as we can hope to find...some of the most relaxed and down to earth folks around...I love the blankies my Granny knitted and crocheted for me...still have her and them around too...

I am hoping the color displays will give me these same benefits for my photography hobby...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #26
etherspin
Connoisseur
etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.etherspin has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
The last few posts take on a whole new meaning when one considers that an Afghan is also a hound .....
Hey - most e-reader customers seem to value leather cases - so why wouldnt afghan hound blankets be coveted ?

etherspin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crafts, crochet, knitting, needlepoint