Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 05:54 PM   #16
Randall679
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Randall679 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook, Softbook 250e
Love a free copy, can't see the link ...

It doesn't work on Firefox OR Safari ...

I guess I'll have to download a copy of IE ... ekkk ... like kissing your grandma ...
Randall679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 06:34 PM   #17
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall679 View Post

I guess I'll have to download a copy of IE ... ekkk ... like kissing your grandma ...
On my Firefox I have a plug in that allows switching to IE in a specific tab of Firefox - very useful in cases like this or when you buy lit books.

I guess you need to have IE installed but I never use it, just switch to it in a Firefox tab if needed and then switch back to Firefox or just close the tab when done. The rest of you tabs are unaffected.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 09:34 PM   #18
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall679 View Post

WHAT!!!??? You don't like my grandma?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:38 PM   #19
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newscribe View Post
Yeah, it's all a function of time and money, but I hear ya.

But if anyone wants the book in PDF from me just email me at jsmith56@cox.net and I'll sen it to you. Just give me an honest review on my Amazon site http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001FB6IL8 in exchange.

Hopefully you won't hold the lousy website against me

Jim
If it's possible to get this in a reflowable format that I can convert to LRF to read with my 505, I will give it an honest reviews. Otherwise, I'll leave it to others to do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:40 PM   #20
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Y'know, there are free web page editors out there.... Seamonkey, for example.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #21
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Ahhhh, so it wasn't only me. After downloading Firefox on my new Vista laptop, (IE was loaded automatically) Vista now gives me a choice of using either Firefox or IE on my toolbar. I just use Firefox automatically. I never realized that pages would actually load differently.........
Unfortunately, your webpage is truly awful on Firefox, and there are many, many Firefox users out there.

Sorry for the bad news!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #22
newscribe
Apprentice
newscribe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Ahhhh, so it wasn't only me. After downloading Firefox on my new Vista laptop, (IE was loaded automatically) Vista now gives me a choice of using either Firefox or IE on my toolbar. I just use Firefox automatically. I never realized that pages would actually load differently.........
Unfortunately, your webpage is truly awful on Firefox, and there are many, many Firefox users out there.

Sorry for the bad news!
Yes, I understand.

Did you want a copy of the book?
newscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #23
Eagleeye
Fanatic
Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!Eagleeye rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: BeBook, Pocketbook 360°; Kindle 3G
@newscribe: Why do you not offer the book to Toni Weisskopf (Head of Baen Publishing)?
If you still owns all the rights on it (including the electronic publishing ones) and if it fits in Baen's profile - you could sell the book via www.webscription.net.
And the publishing would be in 5 different drm-free formats (rocket, mobi, lit, rtf and html), so anyone with an ebook-device could download the one, that fits him most.

Best way to contact Toni - via the "Toni's Table" conference at Baens Bar
Eagleeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #24
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
why not redo your site using wordpress? it's a free blog software - probably the easiest to use on the web, and it will "ping" each new blog - which can be an article and not an actual blog - so that many blog websites will list your articles.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:22 AM   #25
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
I've got it, but it's unreadable in my Cybook
I don't know if it's the font type, but it's too faded in my screen to be readable (and being in PDF, I can't even change the size of the font, to compensate).

I've tried to convert it to mobi, but then the formating get's awful (long sentences are broken, so you have a full line followed by a line with the 2 or three remaining words).

Here's how it looks in my Cybook (more or less), when converted to mobi (in PDF form, it just remains faded, the font is smaller, but the formatation is correct):

Last edited by Over; 09-29-2008 at 06:57 AM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:02 AM   #26
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Submitted.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #27
Format C:
Guru
Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Format C: ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad + PRS-505 + Kindle 3
Is it a part of a series?
Do I need to read some prequel before, to full understand the story?

Format C: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 01:21 PM   #28
newscribe
Apprentice
newscribe began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
no, has plenty of info in the introduction,
newscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:20 PM   #29
Randall679
Melbourne, AUSTRALIA
Randall679 began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook, Softbook 250e
Thumbs up Great read ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newscribe View Post
no, has plenty of info in the introduction,
I got it ... read it in one go ... Liked it ... and I'll review it.

Somewhat of a space opera ... Has a bit of the BATTLESTAR GALACTICAs going for it ... both the Classic series and Post 9/11 ...

Lots of backstory and exposition to wade through, but be patient ... is there a first book in the series?

Jim Smith has a simple, Robert Heinlein style in his writing. Real cliff hanger at the end, but a satisfying finish to this installment nonetheless.

I will look out for the next OLYMPUS book ... even if I have to pay!
Randall679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:35 PM   #30
arvsinha
Intrepid Explorer
arvsinha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mine Submitted too.
Fingers Crossed.
arvsinha is offline   Reply With Quote