Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-17-2017, 03:32 AM   #1
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Question Something wrong with device plugin? Author names not displayed correctly

I have a Pocketbook Touch HD and a few weeks ago I noticed that the author name is not displayed correctly in the library of the device.

In Calibre I have always used this metadata plugboard:
any format – any device: {author_sort}-->{authors}.
So the name of the author would be displayed in the form "last name, first name".
This had always worked up to a few weeks ago, when I noticed that the Touch HD only displays the last name of the author. The first name is not displayed.

Yesterday I did some experimenting and I changed the plugboard to:
any format – any device: {authors}-->{authors}.
This is necessary for the metadata for PDF files to be displayed on the device. Accordingly, the full name is displayed in the device library in the form "first name last name". However, if a book has more than one author, the following happens:
EPUB: first name last name of author 1, first name last name of author 2
PDF: first name last name of author 1 & first name last name of author 2

All my other devices display the author names correctly, "last name, first name", as I want them. That's why I was wondering if something might be wrong with the device plugin for the Pocketbook Touch HD.

In case there is no error in the device plug-in, is there a template to display the names of the authors for any format with the "&" instead of a comma?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:18 PM   #2
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Kovid: Could you maybe check the plugin to see if it processes the metadata correctly?
Advert
Old 02-20-2017, 09:29 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The plugin has no metadata setting code, that is done by calibre before the files are passed to the plugin and is common for all devices. The only way that metadata setting can be turned off in calibre is by disabling the relevant metadata writer plugins in Preferences->Plugins
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:24 AM   #4
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

OK, so that means that nothing can be messed up with the metadata while the books are transferred to the device, right?
Then the device must have a problem with reading the metadata correctly.

Tags
author names, metadata, plugboard, pocketbook