Notices

Old 08-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #1
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Boox M92 screen freeze (please help)

Hi,

I am having a huge problem: after reading, I suspended as usual my M92.
I got the usual suspension screen picture. After a while, I wanted to read again, so I pressed the lower button as usual to wake it up.
Well, nothing happened...
I tried everything I could: pressing any button, all buttons together, pressing the tiny reset button with a paper clip, connecting it to the pc or to the charger.
Anything I could fathom.
No way: I am stuck to the suspension screen.

Does anybody have any hint, before I trash it?

Thank you
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:26 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I wouldn't trash it, just because of that.

Now if you sat on it and then moved around like you were dancing (while sitting on it), and then decided to play basketball (while sitting down).....yeah....then you might think about trashing it.

Someone will be along shortly to lend some helpful ideas.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2016, 05:03 AM   #3
edmond
Enthusiast

Neither I would trash it: for this reason I am here asking for help!

Yet, if I can't solve the issue, then I don't see what else I can do, since it does not work and hence is useless...
Old 08-16-2016, 06:33 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmond View Post
Neither I would trash it: for this reason I am here asking for help!

Yet, if I can't solve the issue, then I don't see what else I can do, since it does not work and hence is useless...

Do not despair....yet.

If it cannot be repaired without spending exorbitant amounts of money, then we have a Flea Market Forum, where you may attempt to sell it.--- However, this is not the place to go any further than that discussion, except to mention that fact.

Again: Do not despair.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 12:51 PM   #5
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Hello,

First make a full charge of the device with the power supply.

I have sometimes something like that. After a complete charge, push during a long time the power button, wait two minutes and push the power button. Try something like that. In my situation, it's a problem between the suspend mode and the power off mode. During the operations, check the led. If it lights blue, then the power off mode is progressing.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
edmond
Enthusiast

Randy,
I tried your suggestion but the screen is still fixed on the hibernation image.

The led lights blue after I press the power button, but nothing changes.

Also, if I reset the e-reader and then press the power button, the led is blue but, again, the screen is stuck on the image.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:28 AM   #7
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
To shut-down the device, a long press of power button is necessary : blue light. A short press : standby mode. An intermediate action : power on.

For me, it's the clock screen that block the device...

Retry the long press to obtain the blue light. Wait ... wait .... Press the power button.

If all this don't succeed, shut-down the device and disconnect/reconnect the battery : Disassembling of Onyx M92
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #8
edmond
Enthusiast

I tried many times the long press (yes, I got the blue light), then I waited, then I tried long/short/medium press : the result is always the same.

I also tried to disassemble it, following your instruction : battery disconnected and reconnected. No difference.
The only difference I got is that since I also tried to detach the screen, the hibernation screen now faded away nearly completely, but I can still see it.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:43 PM   #9
Mushiyo
Mushiyo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Hi edmond,

Have you check this post?
If the blue light goes on a couple of seconds, then probably the screen is malfunction and it needs a replacement.

About two months ago, my M92 froze just after I opened the table of content of a PDF file.
I tried everything like you did, but nothing happens too.
Then I found that post, and my M92 lives again after a screen replacement.
Mushiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 04:00 AM   #10
edmond
Enthusiast

Hi Mushiyo,

yes, I have read that post.
Probably my story will end as yours, since I have already sent my M92 in for repair...

How much did you spend to have the screen replaced?
Old 09-01-2016, 09:52 AM   #11
Mushiyo
Mushiyo began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
I bought a screen from TaoBao and replaced it myself.
It cost me 329 RMB (280 RMB for the screen and 49 RMB for shipping) and a few hours.
But 3 of the 4 buttons are malfunction after the replacement, I think I might break something during the disassembly.
I believe your story will have a better end than mine since you have the expert do the work.
Mushiyo is offline   Reply With Quote