Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-27-2015, 11:24 AM   #16
Branch Delay
Connoisseur
Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Branch Delay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Worth a shot. You can also force a kindle to check for updates using one of the search bar commands. I haven't tried it.

If it works, a log of the process would be quite useful.
Branch Delay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #17
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
hi ,
can this software run on sony prs t2,t3 ?

thanks
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #18
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
hi ,

thanks
There is no earthly reason to ever think that it would.
Kindly do not post about the Sony PRS in the Kindle forums!!!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:31 PM   #19
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
There is no earthly reason to ever think that it would.
Kindly do not post about the Sony PRS in the Kindle forums!!!
Thanks.
I could not come up with a polite reply.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:28 PM   #20
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbwtxj View Post
hi ,

thanks
The Sony T1 and T2 are Android based and can (mostly) be hacked. You want this forum: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2015, 09:27 PM   #21
Stiehler
Doctor Who ?
Stiehler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Any news ?
Stiehler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:45 PM   #22
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiehler View Post
Any news ?
Go to the top of this page -
In the "thread tools" drop-down box, select "subscribe" -
When subscribing, select "instant notification".

You will then be notified as soon as anyone else.

(Only available to logged-in members.)

Last edited by knc1; 09-28-2015 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:38 AM   #23
marylou13
marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: kindle touch (7th generation)
Awesome!!
I can also test it on my kindle touch KT2 (i think is referred to here)
marylou13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #24
knc1
Going Viral

Your device is most likely a KT2 - although there are at least six touch screen models.

**but** to be sure (both you and we need to know, this is a technical forum) -
Check the first four (or six) characters of your device serial number against this table:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

You will need that nickname information if the device stops working (and if it isn't working, you can't look it up on the device, you have to go to your Amazon account).
Old 09-29-2015, 09:02 AM   #25
marylou13
marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!marylou13 is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

i checked its serial starts with 90C6, so it's a Kindle Basic (2014) nicknamed as KT2
Old 09-29-2015, 09:09 AM   #26
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylou13 View Post
i checked its serial starts with 90C6, so it's a Kindle Basic (2014) nicknamed as KT2
Super!

How do you like it?
(I have one, but it was never turned on before it was taken apart.)
Old 09-29-2015, 09:44 AM   #27
marylou13

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Super!

How do you like it?
(I have one, but it was never turned on before it was taken apart.)
I really like it (it's my first kindle) but I want to jailbreak it and if it wasn't so new (I got it during the prime sale) I would have opened it. But now maybe I don't have to!
Old 09-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #28
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylou13 View Post
I really like it (it's my first kindle) but I want to jailbreak it and if it wasn't so new (I got it during the prime sale) I would have opened it. But now maybe I don't have to!
That is my hope as well. You have upgraded to 5.6.5 and enabled "Airplane Mode" to ensure it stays that way until this option is available, haven't you?

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:52 AM   #29
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Great news and great work!

Will be following this closely.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #30
loco
Connoisseur
loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.loco solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: PW2
this is precisely what i have missed this year. thanks to OP, the power, once again, will be mine. airplane mode ahoy...!!!
loco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreaking