Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 04-18-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Authors Den Spamming?

Is Author's Den spamming anyone else? Not like normal spam, but rather lots and lots of "please signup with us" type stuff. So far I've gotten several anniversary notices and multiple "50% off membership" notices all within a short span of each other, sorta like they're crying "We're sinking! Please spend money on us and save our sinking ship!" I'm not sure if they're really spamming, if it's just me, a technical glitch, or what. So I thought I'd ask. Anyone else been hit by a lot of recent emails from Authors Den asking you to signup or if you're already there, asking you to up yourself to a full membership?

As far as full membership, I've considered it a few times, but I haven't seen ANY activity on my presence there so I really question if it's even worth wasting the cash on. Anyone else had good luck there, or lots of nothing like me?
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:43 PM   #2
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Not me, but I might not be "big" enough to show up on their radar.

(Please don't tell them about me!)
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2014, 02:22 AM   #3
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Nothing from them. I get regularly things from various crowds asking me to sign up for book expo's and marketing deals, but that's about it so far on the book/author spam for me.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:22 AM   #4
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Huh, okay. So it's apparently not a widely occurring thing, which means it's probably partially the fault of my mail server. Even so, what have you guys seen as far as productivity from having an account there? For me it's been zero point ziltch.
Old 04-20-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
I don't have an account, I couldn't quite see the point. If it was the "ReadersDen" then maybe, but I've never seen any readers on here say they spend a lot of time at the AuthorsDen. Of course I could be wrong, the testimonials on the site seem encouraging.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2014, 09:09 AM   #6
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Yeah, that's kinda what I got. Sorta like a tourist trap for authors. I only have an account because it was one of the places I saw listed on the "must have" list for authors looking for readers and exposure. In general it seems like a red herring, or a pointless waste of money. I have a basic account there now, but gave up on it after I saw no results from it, including absolutely zero pings, referrals, or anything from them. I mean, I've seriously seen nothing come from their site.