Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-06-2009, 12:56 PM   #1
anahid
Connoisseur
anahid began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook gen3 + Kindle 3
Ebook readers in Spain

I live in Spain and I have noticed that lately there's more and more talking about ebookreaders in the press. Apart from that one can now buy both in Pixmania and in the Mediamarkt stores, (cybook in both, and cybook and Iliad in Mediamarkt), which I think is good news. I've seen comments in different magazines a couple of times and on the television as well.

What I'm not sure of if this is just marketing strategy or if this means a growing interest for these gadgets.

For the moment I haven't seen anyone else owing one here in Spain (apart from the ones I saw in the Mediamarkt).

anahid
anahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by anahid View Post
For the moment I haven't seen anyone else owing one here in Spain (apart from the ones I saw in the Mediamarkt).
You don't see me, but I do (assuming you mean "owning" and not "owing" ).

Still, there's no major publisher offering ebooks in Spanish, that's the main reason why I don't recommend an ebook reader to my friends and family yet...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2009, 01:39 PM   #3
leandroide
Zealot
leandroide has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3)
Hi!

There are rumours that Sony is going to lauch the reader in Spain this year. See here:
http://www.elperiodico.com/default.a...seccio_PK=1013

Besides, in www.mobipocket.com there are a few new recent titles in spanish (García Márquez, Eduardo Mendoza, Rosa Montero...). They are only a few, but it's a start.

L.
leandroide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:37 PM   #4
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
Spanish people with eBook readers?... hell they are everywhere! Tons of them…

Sorry for the joke. You will find lots of Spanish users around here and some shops in Spain are still some early sellers of the devices: take per example the Apollo XXI online shop (http://www.apoloxxi.com).

Best regards,
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote