Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Mobile Winter Contest Closes on Monday 7th January

Today, Saturday 5th January, the last episode in MobileRead's Winter Contest was posted.

Members now have two days to read or re-read the murder mystery story by Agatha Chicken, and work out who was responsible for the deaths of so many of the moderating team.

For full details, see the Announcement and episodes thread.

The following prizes are up for grabs:
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I look forward to finding out if my guess is right or not.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I look forward to finding out if my guess is right or not.
Only two and a bit days to wait. The answer will be posted on Tuesday.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #4
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Only two and a bit days to wait. The answer will be posted on Tuesday.
True and I do enjoy the anticipation of finding out either way. Good things are worth waiting for and that includes the chapters of the winter holiday mystery and its solution.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:39 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

There is still time to reread the mystery and submit your best guess about who you think is the murderer.

It is always fun to read about how everyone follows the clues in the story to figure out who did it.

Lots of lovely prizes too!

Big kudos goes to...

We're hugely thankful to the fine folks from eReader-Store, Kobo, PocketBook and WaterField Designs for providing the prizes. You're great!
Advert
Old 01-07-2013, 05:37 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Good luck to all those who entered ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:30 AM   #7
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Good luck everyone! Now the competition is closed, it is now time for the mods to sit down, look at the answers, and decide who was the murder so no one wins and the mods gets to keep all the prices.
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Good luck everyone! Now the competition is closed, it is now time for the mods to sit down, look at the answers, and decide who was the murder so no one wins and the mods gets to keep all the prices.
I like your thinking. Sadly, there was the below restriction.
Quote:
MobileRead team members are not eligible to participate.
*sigh... * There really are some nice prizes.

Good Luck to everyone!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:46 AM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Hoping I'll find a nice little PM waiting for me sometime soon. I know the chances aren't good, but it never hurts to dream.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #10
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I like your thinking. Sadly, there was the below restriction.
Well, since you are dead, you technically can't be part of the community anymore, right? I think it was on purpose that almost all of you died..
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
Well, since you are dead, you technically can't be part of the community anymore, right? I think it was on purpose that almost all of you died..
An interesting interpretation of the rules! Somehow I don't think Alex would allow even dead moderators to enter the competition.

The waiting is almost over! The solution to the mystery will be posted very shortly in the Competition thread.
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #12
Sigyn
Junior Junior Member
Sigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beautySigyn does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: none
but i really hate waiting. it's a good thing i can't breathe or i would surely be annoying someone by jumping up and down with eagerness. we're having a wind storm just now and i am typing this on my phone.

i need to go elevate my arm.
Sigyn is offline   Reply With Quote