Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #1
Mr Fujisawa
Mr Fujisawa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
USB cable

Hi guys,

I've found that most micro usb cables don't work well with the reader. I'd like to buy some spares. Does anyone have a link to ones that work and charge properly from the PC (I'm in the UK)?

Thanks!
Mr Fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
seabee
Connoisseur
seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.seabee writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kobo Mini
Strange, I used a coworker's Samsung Galaxy S cable to do some file copy without any problem (however, I didn't used it for charge).
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
solitarywolf
Ink Drinker
solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.solitarywolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle 2021, Ipad Pro, iPhone Pro
I have found in my collection of cables that some work better and some not so with my Sony Readers. I seem to have the most problems getting my 950 to recognize that its plugged in unless I use THE cable that came with it. The others are not so pickly.
solitarywolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:00 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have bought from Monoprice before and the USB cables they sent are just fine with my 650.

I cannot say if they ship outside the USA or not. But give them a try and see if they do.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/su...&cs_id=1030307
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
Mr Fujisawa
Mr Fujisawa began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee View Post
Strange, I used a coworker's Samsung Galaxy S cable to do some file copy without any problem (however, I didn't used it for charge).
out of 3 that I have, only one for a mobile phone works. It's like some can't carry enough power.
Mr Fujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert