Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 07:08 PM   #1
jmike000
jmike000 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Missing TOC Editor in Sigil .4

I just downloaded Sigil .4 but when I open Tools the TOC Editor is not listed. I also tried F7 with no results. I have re-installed from the original download file and again nothing. Am I doing anything wrong or should I try downloading the file again? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

John
jmike000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
No idea whether you're doing anything wrong.
The only thing I can say is that I have version 0.4.0 for Linux on Ubuntu 10.04 and that I have a working TOC editor under Alt+F3. (It opens a side pane)
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
jmike000

Dear Andrew:

Apparently the Help page is for Sigil 0.2.0. It shows a TOC Editor under Tools.
There is none in my Windows XP version of Sigil 0.4. ALT F3 does open the TOC
on a right pane, but does not appear to be editable.

John
Old 06-07-2011, 10:34 AM   #4
Andrew Ashling
Connoisseur
Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew Ashling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: I divide my time between Ormidon, Ximerion and Antwerp, Belgium
Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Clara, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra H2O
In the left pane (ALT+F1), "Book Browser", there is a file "toc.ncx".

It's a an (x)htlm-page and it's editable by hand.

You could try that... at your own risk of course. But that's why backups were invented.

And you were right: the pane only shows the content of the TOC and offers to create one based on headings.

Last edited by Andrew Ashling; 06-07-2011 at 10:42 AM.
Andrew Ashling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
TOC editor is a bit misleading, it's more of a TOC includer. It suggests entries based on header tags that you can tick or untick.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
jmike000

Dear Andrew:

I found the "toc.ncx" file. That will do it. Thanks.

John