Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-05-2011, 04:55 PM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Can't find books

I added half a dozen new books to Calibre tonight. I clicked on something which shows a couple of books I have already read in the main screen but I can't get my full list back. I can see 121 under "authors" down the left hand side but don't know how to bring them back up.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Can't find books

I added half a dozen new books to Calibre tonight. I clicked on something which shows a couple of books I have already read in the main screen but I can't get my full list back. I can see 121 under "authors" down the left hand side but don't know how to bring them back up.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend View Post
1) Is there a value in the Search bar (might show green) Use the back arrow with the x at the end to clear.

2) does the box below the blue i say "restrict to" and there is "all books" to the right and NOT numbers in a yellow blob. To clear the restriction, use the arrow and select the blank entry at the top of the list.

Moved to main Calibre section

Last edited by theducks; 02-05-2011 at 05:23 PM.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you managed to activate a search? If so clicking the 'x' to the right of the search input box will clear it.

If it is not that, then posting a screenshot might help us spot what is the issue.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:05 AM   #5
Archon
Zealot
Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Archon , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Mac OSX, iPad, iPod, & Nook
Yeah what they said.

Also, Calibre creates a "date" column that it automatically fills with the date you added the book to the library.

You can sort on that column by clicking the column to set it to 'ascending' or 'descending' dates.

I like to keep mine set so I see all the most recent additions to my library as I am adding books.

Happy Sunday
Archon
Archon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert