Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #1
deferredreward
Enthusiast
deferredreward began at the beginning.

Device: KPW, former: PocketBook 360
Nice Serif Fonts

Can anybody recommend some nice Serif fonts? Just looking at a document in Word I like (in that order):

Didot
Cochin
Century Schoolbook
Cambria

As I'm getting my PB360 on Monday, I'm just looking for some recommendations for other nice ones to check out.
deferredreward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Fontin
DejaVu
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm fond of Gentium http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/p...rsi&id=Gentium
Also Georgia and Garamond

Droid Serif might be of interest? http://www.droidfonts.com/info/droid-serif-fonts/
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:25 AM   #4
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
I experimented with a number of serif fonts when choosing a style for the print version of our book and finally settled on Georgia. It's easy to read, and I like the way it looks.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 01-08-2011 at 02:37 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 04:19 AM   #5
Coops
Zealot
Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.Coops will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Sony T3 backup
Another fan of Fontin here (and it's free).....

(you didn't ask about non-serif, but I really like Gill Sans.... good looking on screen and A4 printouts.)

Coops
Coops is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
fonts