Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 06-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Wells, H.G.: The Island of Dr. Moreau. June 2007

A must have classic for me. I haven't read this since I was a kid. So I got it and built it.

Enjoy.

Roy
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf The Island of Dr Moreau.lrf (443.0 KB, 1326 views)
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 06:51 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Read this as a kid and loved it.

I also grew up loving the old Universal horror movies.

Thanks for this one. This is one I plan to read REAL SOON!!!

(By the way, if you want to create "breathing space" between chapter headings and "Introduction," place the cursor just before the paragraphs of EACH chapter and hit RETURN or ENTER. That will give you one space between each chapter and the beginning of text.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2007, 10:24 PM   #3
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Dr....

Will do.

I have noticed that the software is a little picky about the Titles remaining titles if you move them around.

I love the NASB version of the bible and spent the last week or so downloading 3 chapters at a time from zondervans site. (Its still under copyright but they let you have three chapters at a time on the net.) Through copy and paste got the entire new testament into BD. Then created links to chapters and books. Got it all prepared and made the file,,only to find out that half the links didn't work. I think when i used the element browser to en masse get rid of extra paragraphs somehow messed up the links. Edited the bad links one by one and finally got it right. I can navigate easily though the new testament and am thinking of tackling the O.T. next.

I'd like to post it here for folks to enjoy but the copyright laws say no no.
I think im going to stop manually putting a page break after my TOC's and see how that works. I seem to get a blank link on every TOC i make. The first link seems to come up blank and i have to go back and edit.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:58 PM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
If you have a TOC and then the first page of your text has a "TITLE" attribute, then you don't actually need a line to separate the TOC from the title (of your first chapter or whatever.)

As you know, anything that's a "title" will start a new page.

(I'm sure I'm over-generalizing here. At least, I THINK I'm mostly correct - hahahaha.)

I look forward to having a Bible --- I beleive Sony could sell a lot, but I'm no longer going to contribute suggestions to them. I'm only going to buy - that's all they care about anyway, in my opinion.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 11:07 PM   #5
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
Do you have a link to the download section on Zondervan's site?

Thanks.

-Pie
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2007, 12:29 AM   #6
Roy White
Evangelist

Pie.. Here it is. Not Zondervan but Biola University.
http://unbound.biola.edu/
There's at least 5 places on the net you can download portions of the New American Standard Bible for your own personal use and I would LOVE to pay for a Sony Reader file of it. I just could NOT find one.. So. I made my own. I have several of their New American Standard Bibles and will buy more. I feel a bit like I'm stealing by compiling my own version... (Kind of funny really. God holds the copyright on it anyhow) Heres where I got the text to make my version.
On The Lockman foundations website this text was in the copyright info section... "The Content may only be used for your personal and noncommercial use. You may not reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate the Content to anyone, including but not limited to others in the your company or organization, without the express prior written consent of The Lockman Foundation, with this one exception:

1. You may, on an occasional basis, disseminate an insubstantial portion of Content, for noncommercial purposes, without charge, to a limited number of individuals, provided you include all copyright and other proprietary rights notices with such portion of the Content, original source attribution, and the phrase "Used with permission from The Lockman Foundation. http://www.Lockman.org". If there is not any specific copyright notice provided as applying to the content you are reproducing use the notice “Copyright by The Lockman Foundation. Used with permission. http://www.Lockman.org”. You may not modify the Content and you shall be fully responsible for any consequences resulting from such use of Content."

So.. it appears that I can create my own bible for Sony Reader according to this as long as i dont sell it or share it with anyone else.

You can find the New American Standard text here. http://eword.gospelcom.net/year/49/cjan01.htm

http://www.keyway.ca/bibles/asvindex.htm

Google it and you will find dozens of other places where you can download small portions at a time.

now there about a million places where you can get it little by little since the Lockman foundation, (Zondervan) lets you print up to 500 verses at a time on a website. So the through the bible in a year folks are safe and within the copyright laws.

Here.. http://www.biblegateway.com/

Good luck with the compilation process. I worked on mine 15 and 20 minutes a time.